Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tough times,insight needed!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I have been on here a couple of times and find it helpful to blow off steam and get some insight off people who don't know me. Here goes.....
So, bailiffs decided to knock on my door and take all my stuff for a debt I didn't know I had! Fortunately my mother bailed us out with a hefty £660 payment, I don't know what we would have done without her! So now on top of being skint as my boyfriend doesn't have a job (although he has been looking) so I am paying double rent, bills, food etc. we have to find another £100 a month to pay off these bailiffs Old Mad. They also threatened that if we did not keep up with payments then they would take our housemates belongings aswell as ours, which I'm pretty sure they cannot do :nervous:
Also, we moved into this property in may whilst paying rent for our old flat as we could not get out of the contract, they also had the cheek to move someone whilst we weren't living there and not notifying us (so basically getting double rent!), we only found out when we went to check the post because the locks had been changed. They now deny all knowledge of this!
So that's the getting screwed over side, now to talk about my mental health. I was diagnosed with psychosis and depression three years ago, in the last year I have had to deal with losing my baby, losing my job, out of a job for six months with no help from the government (even though I always paid my taxes!), and finally finding and starting a new job. My new job is great, managers are very nice, staff can be a bit to bitchy for my liking but hey you get that anywhere! Too say the least I've had a shit year but also something's going my way, new job for example. Anyway I'm rambling....
So, back on track, my psychosis has decided it wants to be a dick and come back, after doctors thought I was doing well and decided to wean me off medication. I am just worried its going to get to a state where I'm going to hurt someone or myself, and I really don't want this to happen :no:

Comments

• Options
    Hi goingcrazy:wave:,

First of all I'd like to say that it is really good to hear that you find it helpful to let off steam and post here at The Site, Please always remember that this is what we are here for and please keep posting when you feel the need too.

It sounds like you have had a lot going on in the last year and it sounds like everything has just got on top of you, however it is great to hear that you have got a new job and that you are enjoying it, it is always a massive plus to have managers that are there to support and understand you, work can be a real stress if not.

As for the issues with the bailiffs, I would strongly recommend contacting the National Debt helpline on 0808 808 4000, they are a non profit organisation who will be able to advise you on how to approach your creditors.

The Citizens advice bureau also offer lots of advice around housing and debt, you can contact them on 08444 111 444 to find out the location and phone number of your local branch.

I hope things start to look up for you soon and please keep posting to let us know how things are going for you.

Take Care,
    B:thumb:
  • Options
    Things will get better!

Hey hun,
    I hope things get better for you soon. Seems like you've had a tough year, but remember life is like a rollercoaster-it has to go down in order to go up!

Inbox me if you want to talk :)
    FrogsandRainbows.X
  • Options
    Have you posted in home, law and money about the bailiffs?