Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Are you about to turn 16? Want to be on Radio 1?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :wave:

The team at BBC Radio 1 are looking for 15 year-olds for a documentary all about what it's like to turn 16 for a range of different young people across the UK: what people's lives are like at this age, and the impact turning 16 can have. You'll need to be turning 16 between now and September to be eligable :chin:

What's it all about?
They're looking for young people from all walks of life, to show what turning 16 means for a lot of people this age.

They want to highlight some of the struggles some people may face at this age that others may not even think of such as illness, addiction, homelessness or education struggles.

They also want to explore some of the more positive things that can happen at this age starting a career, starting college, having your first relationship, moving home and gaining true independence.

BBC Radio 1's Aled Haydn Jones will follow the 5 chosen teenagers in the months running up to their 16th birthday. All contributors will be set up with an audio recorder (for when they're out and about) and a webcam (when at home) to record video blogs throughout the process on a bespoke YouTube channel.

This would be combined with material recorded by the Radio 1 team at certain points in their story (from now until September) and possibly also Skype chats with Aled.

The show will be ready to for air in the week leading up to BBC Radio 1's Teen Awards in October 2013.

So, would you like to get involved??

If so you can PM me if you have any questions. Or Katy in our media team is awaiting your email katy.miller@youthnet.org

:thumb:

Comments

• Options
    I love Aled.
  • Options
    Aled is so lovely. Really puts you at ease and is generally ace.
  • Options
    I'm taking part in this (hopefully!) not being followed round for ages though, but have offered to give an interview about drug use/GCSE's/mental health etc. should be good :D
  • Options
    I've met Aled before as well, he's awesome.