Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Need to wee ALL the time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

Bit embarrassing but I really don't know what to do! I've always needed to wee a lot, but since starting citalopram it's got so much worse. I have to go for a wee 30/40 times a day, and even after I've just been I will have to go again almost straight away.

If I come off citalopram CAMHS told me the only other option is Matazapine (spelling?) because I've been through so many anti depressants. I really don't want to be on it though, because I know it causes severe weight gain and I can't face that!

So, looking at the foreseeable future on citalopram (at least two years apparently) what can I do?? My whole life if run by the fact I have to wee constantly!!

Comments

• Options
    Have you been checked out for a urine infection or diabetes? They could be causing it rather than the citalopram. If not cant they give you medication for the side effects instead of changing meds?
  • Options
    Just wrote a reply and deleted it. Bleeghhh.

In short:
    - maybe check with your GP about other potential causes.
    - there's a drug similar to citalopram called escitalopram. It was years ago now since I've been on either of them, but my GP said escitalopram has less side effects in some people. Might be worth asking about, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    You really need to see a doctor about this, as MR says this can be an indicator of diabetes and other issues that you have to have looked at ASAP.
  • Options
    I will book a GP appointment and speak to my psych nurse about it tomorrow thanks guys. In the mean time, does anyone have any ways I could wee less? Someone told me to do muscle tensing and stuff but it doesn't seem to help.
  • Options
    Does it just feel like you need to wee all the time? Or do you actually wee?

Every now and then I get the feeling I constantly need the loo (I think its monthly cycle based) but when I go to the loo, I don't have anything to wee... (sorry for the detail :p ). It doesn't happen to me much but wondering if that sounds similar? When it happens I try and be rational- and say yes I feel like I need to go, but no it has only been fifteen minutes since I last went so therefore I can wait!

If you actually pee a lot each time then that sounds like a different kettle of fish
  • Options
    I wee every time, but it's normally only a tiny bit. It's not painful or anything, but you know when you need to wee and there's pressure across your tummy? I have that constantly.

I don't think it's period based, I'm on the pill and also have the implant and my period is 2 weeks away :/ This has been getting progressively worse over the past 3 weeks.
  • Options
  • Options
    Hahaha! Probably a good investment ;) Going to book a GP appointment today when I go in to pick up my prescription, my CAMHS worker doesn't think it's citalopram and also suggested diabetes, bit worrying!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    You take ketamine much?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I did quite a lot in January to April (although I mainly did MXE which is supposed to not fuck up your bladder apparently? Don't know how much truth there is in that), but I haven't done it since the start of April and this problem only start last month. Do you think it could still be connected?
  • Options
    So I saw a doctor today, although she was a bit useless. Did tests there and it's not an infection, so she's booking me in for bladder scans and an exploration thing where I have to be "heavily sedated or under general anesthetic". Not sure when/why though she didn't explain at all, and she said if nothing comes back from that then I'll need kidney exploration as well. Meh :(