Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Father tattoo ideas (son)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys., I'm looking to get a new tattoo, a half sleeve on my left arm. My father is a single parent and so raised 6 of us on his own. He is an amazing man and I would love to get a really cool piece I could dedicate to him. I'd like to get a tattoo of something that could represent him and I'd also like to incorporate my brother and sisters into it. I'm open and extremely grateful to any feedback you can throw at me as I'm stumped. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    I've always wanted to get hearts chained together to represent me and my family (one heart for each of us, chained to show our connection) but that's quite a girly tattoo I suppose.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    What's your dad into?
    My dad has tattoos, he has some dragons (one big blue one his back), symbols of our nationality, the grim reaper, and a Celtic pattern with skulls inside it. -it's cool.
    Those are the kind of stuff my dad likes, maybe you could get one of something he likes; that could represent him, then maybe add smaller tattoos around it to represent you 6. Like a father dragon protecting his young, or teaching his young. -that would be manlier!
    I do have another idea, but it might be a little soppy. How about a tree with 6 branches? -your dad could be the tree, and the branches could spell out all of your names. Trees can have strong trunks and deep roots, their branches and leaves can offer protection, and smaller trees grow from big ones. -sounds a bit like a dad.
    Hope that helps. xx
  • Options
    Not soppy at all, it's actually a brilliant idea, very clever and it captures all the elements of what I want this tattoo to depict. Much appreciated info guys, very helpful.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Glad I was of some help. Let us know how it turns out.
    xx