Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Habits!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We all have certain specific habits consciously or unconsciously which we repeat while doing something or the other.
We may or may not try to leave that habit but, it stuck onto us.
This habit may make us different or unique, may make us look cute or may just annoy others.
Tell us about your habits.

Comments

• Options
    Habit one: Whenever I say "touchwood" I'd seek a wood near me and touch it, if I don't find wood, I'll touch my head.

Habit two: While driving I notice the no.s of passing by vehicles and add them up for fun.

Habit three: I never measure the ingredients while I cook.

Habit four: I'm usually found playing with my bracelet when sitting idle, its the one given by granny.
  • Options
    I have a habit of announcing when I need to go take a piss...
    Chewing the inside of my mouth or my lip until its sore
    When i step of a pavement..i do this little weird horsey jump.
    and when im waiting for a bus..or when im stressed/bored i walk around in circles...
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I itch the back of my neck when I'm nervous!
  • Options
    Emmalee wrote: »
    I have a habit of announcing when I need to go take a piss...

:yes: same.

I have a few weird habits.

1) I can't let food mix on my plate, I eat every item separately (although I don't mind things being on the same plate as long as they don't touch)

2) I have to have matching cutlery

I can't think of any more right now :razz:
  • Options
    I twiddle the same bit of hair all the time. It's always the smoothest bit and just feels nice in my fingers. I calms me down.

Picking the skin on my fingers when I'm nervous, hence the hair twiddling as I try and cut down on it
  • Options
    I won't eat homemade closed sandwiches I like to see what's in them. I eat my cereal out of one kind of bowl and I only like using one particular spoon.
  • Options
    I sometimes clean my cellphone with anti bacterial, as in swipe anti bacterial dipped in cotton over my phone esp. when I've been to public place. This maybe a symptom of OCD. :\
  • Options
    Saying 'i know right!' alot which annoys me, and pulling my hair and biting my nails
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Sticking my tongue out when I am concentrating :p
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Options
    I have a particular face I pull when I'm thinking, I pull my cheeks in and chew them so I look like I'm impersonating a fish. Or a cat's bottom.
  • Options
    *simba* wrote: »
    Habit one: Whenever I say "touchwood" I'd seek a wood near me and touch it, if I don't find wood, I'll touch my head.

I do this!
    Also i can't stand still while talking on a mobile phone, I have to walk around.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    When I'm thinking about something, I have to get up and walk around. Either in circles or back-and-forth.
    I think many people do that.
  • Options
    I put my shoes to my nose before I put them on..only for a second or less
  • Options
    I sometimes lay on my back on bed and put my legs up against the wall, elevating kind. For some reason helps me and reduces stress. :)
  • Options
    When I am nervous I ring my hands, chew my nails and pick my nail varnish off. I also pull my sleeves down to cover my hands, so everything I own is stretched now. I also jiggle my legs when I am agitated, it drives my mum mad. :p