Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a very dismantled phone thats fallen to peices and is highly broken there's only one word that can fit it, and its "Fucked". Its a blackberry, but It's time for a new phone.

So, as my birthdays is just 8 days away I'm planning on getting a phone for then, I don't have a specific type of phone but one that you can set Email accounts up on is the only program I really require.

I've also always been on vodafone but I;m thinking of changing, so what'd be the best network and phone?

Comments

• Options
    I like 3, and anything that runs android.
  • Options
    I agree with Fiend... I was on 3 for the last 2 years, and had a HTC. I still have a HTC but I'm on EE (Orange) now. I miss 3!
  • Options
    I just changed from Orange to 3 because they were better value for what I wanted. Their internet is good and it's unlimited even on not-too-expensive packages.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    I just changed from Orange to 3 because they were better value for what I wanted. Their internet is good and it's unlimited even on not-too-expensive packages.

Yes! 3 is amazing, I miss not going over my contract on 3 haha!
  • Options
    I second 3! When I was looking at contracts this time last year they offered the best value for money. Also where I live I seem to get better reception than my friends on orange etc.
  • Options
    Got a Samsung Galaxy S3 :D
  • Options
    Wow. Very flash
  • Options
    However, this phone isn't allowed to be broken. So glad I can finally text and call people again ;D
  • Options
    I've got a galaxy s3 too and am with vodafone. I had a blackberry before and at the end of my contract I told them I was leaving and they said 'fine' and left it at that. 2 days later someone rang and asked me why I was leaving and I said that i wanted this particular phone but it was too expensive with them so I was going to someone else and they offered me it at a cheaper price.
    You shouldn't have to go through all that but it does work. Also, I've been with vodafone for a while and they always seem ot have the best signal, they have much more coverage.
  • Options
    I use giffgaff which runs on O2's network. They're perfect as a network and value and business practice. I've only ever had 2 days total downtime in the past few years I've been with them - and the problems were with O2. I use mobile data the most, so I use the £12 PAYGM goodybag which offers true 'unlimited' (but the phrase should be unmetered, even still they have no fair use "we'll cut you off if you actually use X amount of data" like other networks). Has lots of extra benefits.

I didn't use much data with my old phone, most was about 1GB a month, but since I got my Note 2 I use it all the time. I get EHSPA (aka H+) speeds near enough everywhere I visit on O2's network. I use at least 4.5GB minimum of mobile data a month and I'm yet to be throttled or cut off by giffgaff! I recommend people to try them, most of my friends are on them now :)