Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Backache?.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Urm..Yeah,
I've had horrible backache for the past week and it seems to be getting worse, No matter what position I lay in it doesn't seem to go away, and when i move my back constantly cracks, My spine sticks out my back, and its all mishaped.

I have a huge problem with the top of my back as I have this weird mark on it...So I get scared if people see my back so going to doctors would be...horrible...but i dont know what to doo, it makes my full back sore and my ribss

Comments

• Options
    You need to see a doctor. Sorry.
  • Options
    Sounds like seeing the doc about this one is going to be hard Em but as Fiend says, there's not much anyone else can do other that suggest you see one as they'll be able to talk through your symptoms and figure out what might be causing the aches.

Could you take someone with you? Would it be better to see or man or a woman doc because you can request that when you book an appointment.

You could also give NHS Direct a call or get someone to on your behalf to see what they say - in my experience the nurses on the other end of the phone are always really friendly :)

Have you had a fall or done any exercise or something recently that could have strained it?

What worries you most about the doctor seeing your back do you think?
  • Options
    I just don't want them to see the top of my back, I hate it, and nobody has seen it In about 3 years.
    I haven't done anything that could strain it or anything...its worse on a night. .
  • Options
    You could probably go to the doctor, wear a thin top and just lift up the bottom of it or get the doctor to feel through it
  • Options
    Possibly, I don't know how far down the mark on my back is due to the fact It disgusts me and I hate looking at it, but i could try..as long as he doesn't try raising it to far..
  • Options
    Explain that to them when you go? I'm sure they'll compensate for it. When I have back ache I find exercising helps a little bit, I think that's what mostly causes mine (along with how I sit mostly)