Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just a quick question regarding work etiquete

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it ok to use a coworker's computer w/o her permission?

That happened at work, obviously. The team lead went elsewhere and I was with her computer in the back room. The supervisor was also there. In front of the supervisor, I attempted to use the team lead's computer to play bejeweled blitz on facebook (my internet at home sucked.) My supervisor stopped me and although she didn't say anything else for the rest of the day, I could feel the resentment emanating from her. idk y, since it's not like I was looking up or doing anything bad on the internet. I just wanted to play bejeweled blitz, which I am addicted to.

Well I didn't even get to the games b4 my supervisor stopped me. I was only able to push like 3 keys.

It was during break time

Comments

• Options
    No its not ok at all. You keep on posting here about various things you have done, and all of them seem to be quite wrong. Using someones computer without their permission is bad enough, especially if you intend to play games. If you don't have internet access on your own computer at work, then does that not tell you something about what you then shouldnt be doing using someone elses computer?

With all the things you post about, I'm very surprised you still have a job. You come across as disrespectful and entirely inconsiderate. I find it almost laughable that you mention "since it's not like I was looking up or doing anything bad on the internet" and then straight after go on to mention that you wanted to play games.
  • Options
    You're surprised I still have a job for playing on somebody's computer? I know that's inconsiderate and all, but to lose ur job over that?!
  • Options
    Kissmekate wrote: »
    You're surprised I still have a job for playing on somebody's computer? I know that's inconsiderate and all, but to lose ur job over that?!

Yes I do, if you have a work computer yourself and are unable to access that game on it, then that should tell you something about using work machines to access games. If the supervisors machine is allowed, then its likely because they are a supervisor, you are not. You did not ask for permission to use the computer. I perhaps don't think that your actions in this case solely would lead to you losing your job, but its a possibility.

However it's the following things which may contribute to you losing your job (also, is this in health and wellbeing because of the game addiction?)
    I joke around alot, but never at the expense of getting stuff done. Is the following unprofessional?
    Jokingly telling my supervisor i been stalking her. In fact, I made that joke more than once. Like about facebook.

One time occasion: telling coworkers about her personal life (not in detail tho.)

I just think ppl are leery of me after I threw an object to the ground and accidentally hit a team lead. That was out of anger, not fun.

My supervisor initially thought it was funny when I made that joke to her though. Mixed message, anyone?
  • Options
    It wasn't a company computer. It was the team lead's personal computer.
  • Options
    I think you make these posts as a joke. you know what you've done was wrong and not appropriate for the work place. you can tell by in the first post you've put 'in front of the supervisor, I attempted to use the computer' otherwise why would you have mentioned that you were in front of your supervisor? nobody is impressed by it. I think you need to grow up a little bit.
  • Options
    It wasn't a company computer. It was the team lead's personal computer.

if it were my computer I'd be furious. It's completely unacceptable and I'm with G, you are lucky to still have your job with the things you've been posting.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I think you make these posts as a joke. you know what you've done was wrong and not appropriate for the work place. you can tell by in the first post you've put 'in front of the supervisor, I attempted to use the computer' otherwise why would you have mentioned that you were in front of your supervisor? nobody is impressed by it. I think you need to grow up a little bit.
    I agree.