Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I could lose my little brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took a week to visit my little brother, and see mum as she wanted to celebrate a belated birthday!

I've always been on guard when dad is about, and I understand a few people worry when I go down.

It's been a rough week of arguments and expecting the worst, and last night got me that I needed to talk to someone, so phoned my CAMHS worker in the morning.

She asked if she could phone social care, and let them know. I agreed and then gave deets over. I got off the phone and realised I could lose my little brother over this. Last time social care got involved, my family detested me and refused to talk to me...

What's saying they won't want me down any more? What if they stop me seeing my little brother? What if they hate me even more?

I feel pathetic for reporting it, or for even saying anything tbh. I can't lose him... :(

Comments

• Options
    I'm afraid I don't know much about how social services and how they operate I'm afraid but don't they try and do what is best for the child (i.e. your brother) so surely if that means letting you see him that is what should happen? Is there anyone you can ask and let them know your thoughts about still being able to see him?

Or did you mean your parents may stop you seeing him? Is he old enough to meet/visit you without your parents around?
  • Options
    I meant my parents could stop me seeing him, sorry!
    Nope, he's only 5 :(
  • Options
    what does she want to phone social care about? the way he is being treated by your parents? your post is a little confusing :)
  • Options
    Sorry.

She wants to phone them about the safety of the family. I used to be abused by my dad, so moved out but I come down to visit, to see my little brother. There's been arguments everyday since I've came down and I keep expecting him to flip out. My brother is like a clone of me, and I've already seen my dad treat him differently to the rest, and this morning I phoned my camhs worker to tell her I don't want to stay here tonight cos it's going to get worst and that my little brother looks like he's next in line...

I agreed to her phoning social care, but family can't know it was me who brought anything up :/
  • Options
    it's a difficult one. is there anyway social care could get involved without them knowing it was you that said anything? if anything did happen to your brother and you had never said anything about it you wouldn't forgive yourself would you, so you've done the best thing for him really.
  • Options
    Not sure, apparently she's not going to tell them I've said something. So confused with everything again :/
  • Options
    Tbh, it sounds like they need to get involved. But if they do, you are more likely to be able to see him, and someone might be able to correct me, but if they do stop you, you should be able to get contact order so you have visitation rights.

You could always do an anonymous tip off to NSPCC if you're really worried.
  • Options
    It's the fact last time they where involved I was the problem, no one else. I apparently provoked it. They blamed me.
    My family didn't speak to me, and I was hated.

If I lose my little brother, (I will chat to people to see what would happen) I don't have ANYONE. And that's what's making me panic and freak out.
  • Options
    Assuming social services do their job right, then they shouldn't go to your parents and say that they've had a concern reported to them by you.

If there have been problems in the past then it's likely that social services would be keeping an eye on the family anyway so your family may well not ever know that you've said anything.
  • Options
    It's the fact last time they where involved I was the problem, no one else. I apparently provoked it. They blamed me.
    My family didn't speak to me, and I was hated.

If I lose my little brother, (I will chat to people to see what would happen) I don't have ANYONE. And that's what's making me panic and freak out.

It's not your fault, you're not the problem, your abusive shitcunt of a father is the problem. I don't have any experience of these situations myself but I know they suck. Whole families get sucked in.

Remember as well you always have Emma and myself to hang out with if you need a holiday and/or some support. You're not on your own.
  • Options
    I just don't know why he won't say ''yes I did to such and such, blah blah''.

Going home soon so I wont' be around him, then I'll have a wait for that text that goes ''we want nothing to do with you any more''.

Thank you ShyBoyx