Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Similar online resources like chat?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I know live chat is available on the site several times a week. But does anyone know of any other online chats similar to thesites? Because although chat with thesite is really good, sometimes I struggle in between chats and I like interacting with people online :)

Or any supportive chat rooms related to mental health?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ellie

It's great that you're finding our chat sessions so useful, but really sorry to hear that you're struggling in between times. Remember, you can always post a thread here in the health forum or join some of our ongoing threads if you need ongoing support:

I need a hug thread

Time for another ranty thread (This one is in the Anything Goes forum so is less about mental health issues and more about generally having a vent)

There are also some other good resources online. For example:

If you're under 18, Childline have loads of great support services. You can have a one-to-one online chat, use their message boards or email them - everything is listed here.

Sane is a brilliant mental health charity and they run a forum designed for supporting one another.

There's also an online mental health community called Turn2me. I don't know much about them but they run different support groups online as well as a forum and one-to-one counselling. Maybe others could chip in if they've used it and have any feedback about it?

Hope this is helpful - and that others will post places they've found helpful too...

:thumb:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
  • Options
    Thank you, I will have a look at them all now :D