Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Aspergers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello, I'm seventeen and yesterday was diagnosed as having Aspergers. I've just been let out of a mental hospital and the past few months have been hell for me. I've attempted suicide more times than I can count. Is anyone else out there going through anything similar? I just want someone to talk to :)

Comments

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello WolfBait,

I am also someone who has been diagnosed with having Aspergers Syndrome, and so have other members, so you aren't alone here, well done for reaching out to the people on here :) How do you feel after being let out of the mental hospital? Do you still have support in place to support you?

I actually wasn't to sure how I wanted to respond to you, but I really did want to reach out to you, as I can see you are struggling, a massive well done for being able to post your thoughts on here, that was very brave off you, please keep reaching out to us :)

I've had smiler experiences with feeling suicidal, and I know many people on here struggle with suicidal thoughts, so you aren't alone in that area neither, maybe it's worth keeping ChildLine and Samaritans number in your phone to? :) You can also check TheSite.org's Feeling Suicidal article out!

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have dyspraxia, but believe I may have Aspergers too. I have learnt some body language through books and TV and am consciously always trying to figure out people because I don't really "get it"...I don't understand people very well... I find connecting with people difficult, but love talking to academics

I also get super fixated on things, I struggle to express my feelings often, I have bad issues with sensory overload... I can come across as callous and sometimes offend people with how I word things.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Do you have any contacts for support groups?