Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Starting a Part Time Masters!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I got on to a Masters course in Leeds! :D

I currently work public sector in London and have done since summer 2009. I graduated university with a 2:1 in 2008, so it's been some time since studies!

I'll need to pick up some part time work to support myself and the Masters is spread over two years. My main concern is how big a leap from an undergrad it is and the fact I've been out of studies for so long... :o

I have practical experience in this humanities based course, but whilst I read books and sometimes academic texts, I'm a bit anxious as to how big a shock it'll be after 5 years away from studies!

Has anybody else been in this situation?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I started a full time masters after a year out - so not quite so long. I personally didn't find the academic side much more difficult, but some of the assessments have been tougher and they nit pick a lot more I've found. Also the pass rate is higher at 50%. I think the studying comes back easier than you think, I was amazed how quickly my uni brain came back, I'd really missed studying. The thing I have struggled with is the sheer workload, but if you're part time I don't think it's much to worry about.