Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How do I overcome this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so this is a bit of a weird one.

Me being the generally clumsy and breakable person I am. I have broken the radiator and its going to take until thursday at the earliest to get it fixed, Hull in the meantime has been coloured in freezing cold white stuff which makes my whole room freezing, but I have a major problem about windows being closed. I can't have them closed otherwise I start panicking, I'm fine with windows that don't open but once I know that they open..I'm like 'ahhhhhh' I don't know why it just makes me feel like all the air is vanishing from the world and such and such. But its freezing and even when the radiator was working the heat went straight out the room.

When I'm cold though, I get horrible backache and my shoulders ache...which can lead to me..screaming for a while.

Is there anyway I can like..overcome my weird fear of closed windows? So i can at least be warm and pain free?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried hot water bottles? Maybe having 2 or 3 of them around your back and shoulders under your duvet could help reduce any aches and pains?
    Also, electric blankets are good so it could be worth getting one of them.