Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm contemplating telling my mum tomorrow morning about feeling suicidal and my self harm, well I'll probably say that I want to self harm not that I'm still doing it... and then I'd like to go to the doctors to see if I have depression and to get some help... but my major worry is how my mum will react and what the doctor will say... because I don't want my dad knowing either as he'll go mental at me for it all... and I just want to feel better :/

Comments

• Options
    Hi LuckyStarr :wave:

I just want to say and encourage you of how brave you are to want to tell your mum you that need and want help that is the first step and you should be proud of yourself *hug*

Have you told your mum before about this and how did she react? It is a scary thing but the G.P will have advice and will be able to guide you of the help that you need.

Here is a link from thesite that may help. It talks about how to confide in someone about self harm.

Let us know how you are doing.

purple_rain :heart:
  • Options
    Hope all is well
  • Options
    I second Purple_Rain, you're really brave for taking a big step into wanting to feel better.
    Although, I'll chuck you the link cos I think Purple_Rain forgot to attach it! :P

Linky: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

Hope you're well!
  • Options
    Hi LuckyStarr

Like the others, I think this sounds like a very brave thing to do, and I'm sure it's a positive step towards recovery. I just wondered if you have managed to find a good time to talk to your mum yet and if so, how did it go?

Spanner :heart:
  • Options
    I decided that seeing as I have deadlines to meet at the end of next week and then my exam period after easter that it might be better to try and see how I feel after them and try focus of them without getting pushed over the edge... but also I'm just so panicked about what'll happen if I do tell someone and what people will think that I'm kinda starting to convince myself it's not a good idea to talk to anyone..
  • Options
    I'll say this: if I was you I'd get help sooner rather than later. You don't want things to worsen.
    Depending on your age, and the risk you're at telling people should be fine, specially if it's a professional.