Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Should I Cancel it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So as I mentioned before In this thread My 18th is coming up and I didn't know what to do to celebrate it.

My friends suggested since I don't drink alcohol or anything, to go for a meal. I agreed and invited a few people, but then I've realised my eating has got incredibly worse, To the point I'll go 2-3 days without eating a thing. I've always felt uncomfortable being in a restaraunt and I end up running of to the toilet at some point, Even if I just stand in there for a few minutes...

I don't know If its a good idea though, Maybe I should cancel it..My birthdays on friday...and I'm really anxious about it. It'll also be the last time everyones together as I leave this city on 19th..

I don't want to have a panic or anything..but I want everyone to have a good time..ahhhh

Comments

• Options
    Could you go somewhere like a pub where people can either eat or not? Then not everyone will eat, and they probably won't all get the same food at the same time, and you might find that easier?

I am not disregarding the fact that there are issues to look at around your eating, but it would be really nice to get to see your mates before you leave.
  • Options
    if its going to make you uncomfortable, then cancel it. Its your day.

Is there anything youd rather do?
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Could you go somewhere like a pub where people can either eat or not? Then not everyone will eat, and they probably won't all get the same food at the same time, and you might find that easier?

I am not disregarding the fact that there are issues to look at around your eating, but it would be really nice to get to see your mates before you leave.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. It's what I do with my friends with eating issues then it's up to them if they eat and what they eat. It would be a shame to cancel your 18th...
  • Options
    Is there a free art gallery or museum that you could go to instead?
  • Options
    The meal was going to be at a pub, My friends don't know I have an eating disorder, well they don't know I've relapsed and I'd rather keep it that way to be honest..

We have a museum in the middle of town that's free, but its not open for long and its such a bore..I've looked at other things like cinema but i can't afford to pay for everyone elses film
  • Options
    Okay, this is what we used to do in college. We'd fix up a friend's apartment or some room, invite all close friends, get snacks, food, booze which you can replace it with dr pepper and soft drinks, cake and music.
    We'd cut the cake, eat snacks, drink up and play music and dance for long time, until people got tired and fell asleep or left.

While in the midst of all the noise, dancing and drinking, few people hardly notice who's eating and who's not.

Couple of things to keep in mind, make sure of getting alcohol only if no minor is present, don't want to have any issues with that.
    Keep the noise low so neighbors don't get disturbed, we'd have party during early evening and end it by 10 pm max. and it was mostly where old people were not next door neighbors, they'd get disturbed easily.
    And, make sure none of your friends carry any dope....that could get in trouble, happened at one of my friend's party but, we didn't let anyone have it.
    You can enjoy with music, pizza , games and dancing. See, if this works. :)
  • Options
    You don't pay for them silly nugget.

Can you go bowling? They can pay for their own games, it's what Me and Becki are doing, then we're going for coffee, and I'm even taking her a cupcake ;)

You get them to pay, I mean, it's not as if you're hiring out the whole pub, or whole cinema...

That way, they order food if they want it, and you don't have to.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    You don't pay for them silly nugget.

This :yes:

And, you could always opt for somewhere like starbucks/costa after if pub is a bit too awkward - cuppa to keep your hands warm. ;)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    This :yes:

And, you could always opt for somewhere like starbucks/costa after if pub is a bit too awkward - cuppa to keep your hands warm. ;)

That's what hand warmers are for ;)