Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Struggling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the last couple of weeks me depressions taken a real turn for the worse and i feel so awful. In the last couple of weeks i've tried to kill myself 4 times :/.
Then on Wednesday i was attacked and spent most the night on the street, before sleeping on someone's sofa.
Im just feeling so lonely and depressed and like i don't want to be here any more. Im finding too hard to cope with just one hour a weeks support, me selfharms gotten really bad and i've been warned theres a high chance of me contracting septicaemia, because i tend to injure myself at least 100 times in one go. I skipped college on Friday and don't plan on going Monday either, i just can't face people.
Im just not sure how im meant to keep coping, i really don't think i can do this no more. :(

Comments

• Options
    Firstly big *hug*

I am sorry you are feeling this way. It's good that you have some support, even if it is just for an hour a week. Is there a chance of you speaking to whoever it is who offers the support and seeing if you can have it more, if you need it. At the end of the day your health and wellbeing is so important, and you needs should be met, hopefully. I can understand that it could be hard to offer you more appointments. Just a suggestion.

Do you seek any medical attention for the self harm?

You are coping cos you want to. You want to live, even though it is hard for you right now, you keep going, this is something you should be proud of yourself for. You say your self harm is getting worse, does anybody know about your self harm?

Have you talked to your college tutor about not going to college for a while til things have maybe settled down, and you feel more up to it?

Sorry for all the questions.

Well done for reaching out for support on here. :) We're always here for you. *hug*
  • Options
    She keeps saying she'll see me twice a week but always seems to be busy, but got told if i aint better in a month then im gonna be referred to camhs, which i've heard a few times tbh. But also been told if they're "worried" about me safety they're gonna call an ambulance and take me into hospital :s which sounds just scary tbh..

Don't get any and don't tell anyone cept me counsellor. Im so used to dealing with it on me own, but because of how i do it and stuff got told that there was concern of me getting septisemia :s

and i did at one point talk to her bout finding it hard, at which point she broke me confidentiality to me family when i told her not to tell them about it, because they get angry with me for it and wouldn't let me see a counsellor.

Todays just got worse now tbh got told by me last friend to piss off and how im selfish ad stuff :/ and just don't know what to do any more, feel so alone. :(
  • Options
    People will get you to safety cos they care and have a role to make sure your wellbeing and safety comes first. You have nothing to be afraid off. I dont know much about camhs but I know your given chance to talk through things. Hopefully that will help you.

Again your counsellor would of had to break your confidentiality if she was concerned about your safety. Wouldnt be doing the job correctly if they didnt do that.

Sorry to hear about what your friend has said to you. I know how you feel. I told a friend I self harm and her reply was, why you doing that,theres nothing wrong with you. And after lots of arguments we fell out. She said lots of hurtful things. I forgive her but I cant forget what she did. Ive not seen or spoke to her since.

Please stay safe. Inbox me on the boards if you want :) Here for you :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  • Options
    I know but it scares me i guess, when she asked me to go after i od'd i got scared and was like no im not going and got angry ><

and it wasn't me counsellor who did :s was me college tutor.. i told her i saw a counsellor and sometimes found it hard and about being gay. She then thought it was a good idea to send a letter to me mam, the cause of all me problems who would lose it with me and not let me see me counsellor no more (in case i told on her aha) and told her about me going to counselling . After they all said how confidential talking to them was..

I don't really have any friends i have told or would tell, i don't want people to know cos i guess i don't want them to stop me. s/h is my best way of coping with big problems without having a melt down.
    Tbh i just really don't wanna do it no more. People don't seem to care tbh and every time i ask for help from them lately i get turned down. Just had enough :/
  • Options
    I am sorry you are at such a low point right now in your life. You have done the right things by trying to talk to a tutor and seeing someone to help you once a week, but it seems that you just aren't getting enough support at all right now. Have you tried speaking to samaritans when you are really low? You can email on jo@samaritans.org as well as having the option to call. Perhaps just copy down everything you have written here? Sometimes just having someone to listen can help a great deal- we would all be happy for you to do that here too and just get everything out if you can.

Do you think you could channel your feelings for self harm into anything else? I understand you feel that is your only coping method right now, so are scared to try to stop, but some people find there are alternatives. Artwork is a good example. Is it the relief of seeing it that helps? If so maybe try getting red paint and angrily painting at a canvas or paper and making abstract patterns, until you feel all your anger and hurt is subsiding? You could write out angry words with it, of all the things that are running through your mind, or just strike out. If it is the pain, then having an elastic band on your arm and pinging it is a way of getting that without doing real damage that can cause long term affects. I know both these techniques have worked for people in the past.

Do try and find a way to take up the offer of twice weekly sessions if you can. If you stress the importance I am sure that she will be able to find a way to fit you in, even if it isn't the most convenient. Seeing a GP could be useful too, as they will be able to assess you and sign you off classes if they really feel it would benefit you to have a break.

I hope everything starts to feel easier to cope with soon. At the lowest points it can only go upwards.
  • Options
    Yea i have used sams a few times when i've been walking round streets and they've been nice and phone me back usually cos i can't afford to phone them.

I do that kinda stuff as well as s/h which probably lowers the amount i do it, but there's literally no other way i feel i can deal with day to day problems and worrying without it otherwise i think id just breakdown, without it. For me its nothing to do with pain or anger, well sometimes is anger but most of the time it just makes it feel better and easier to cope with.

And well people are only really meant to have one session a week but i guess she can see i am finding it hard to cope. And as much as id love time off atm me course is like a constant thing of lectures and assignments and missing any would make the assignments worse.
    Im not really that sure how i can deal with things, just feels too much.
  • Options
    What level of study are you at? If you are at college or uni then it is possible to defer a year if you feel it would benefit you and a GP or counsellor gives you a note of recommendation. I did this myself at uni for my last year when I was struggling. The way to think of it is that you won't be doing your best work feeling this way. It may mean setting study back a year and leaving you with a gap in your life, but you can use this time to heal and find ways to help yourself and try new hobbies/ grow as a person. Then when you go back, hopefully you can do better and be able to enjoy the opportunity of studying and the fun and social occassion it can be at times. Do you think you would consider this?

I am sure they do realise you are struggling if they are offering 2 sessions. Do you feel you could find a way it could fit in for you both? Have you considered looking for classes in your area for some form of exercise (endorphins can really help improve mood) or things like meditation? it would allow you to get out the house and make you push your boundaries a little, as well as having a positive effect overall.
  • Options
    Im studying an extended diploma at college, but if i take a year out i'll loose me benefits loose me house and yea.. But am considering taking a year out when i finish next year, but im not sure where id get money from or where id live. I did try to find out about support with all that stuff, but got told they can't do anything.

And yea, but its not my choice its hard enough for me to be fitted in for one session let alone two and she's having to do out of usual hours to see me once. And i did used to do a sport class most days of the week, love sports tbh :) but me relationship with food got really bad and i was made to stop doing it, but i do agree the feeling after sports is good :3
  • Options
    Its really good that you have been posting and getting support. As I say we are all here for you :)