Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2 Months Since My Period & NOT Pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It has been 2 months since my last period. Don't get me wrong love not having it, but it's gotten to the point where I feel like I should be concerned?
I am not, I repeat NOT pregnant.
But why have I not had it?!
A few of my friends have said I should go to the doctors, but what will they do/what tests would they do? Also, if I were to go, could I see a nurse instead, as I don't really want to see my male doctor about it!

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Just to check, you have taken a pregnancy test, you're not just guessing?
  • Options
    I expect they'll do the sorts of things doctors do, check your weight, height and blood pressuer, ask if you've had an recent changes in lifestyle and send you for blood tests to check your hormones and minerals.
  • Options
    You could see a nurse, or a female doctor (just ask reception when you book). It's reasonably normal to skip periods every now and again.

This page from the NHS is really good.
  • Options
    Try taking some vitamin C - berocca is good for that. Stick to the recommended dosage though. It's helped bring mine on when it's been late - but I echo everyone else and look at getting checked out, but don't get too hung up if you're not pregnant.
  • Options
    Mine stopped for 4 months once when I was particularly stressed. I can also stop if you're underweight.