Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

SELF HARM i NEED HELP

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok so i really need help i cut a lot everyday i get bullied at school because im epeleptic and im different and ive been cutting since i was 9 years old im now 15 turning 16 and i think its time i get help ive been to councelling but that doesnt work all she wants to do is tell my parents but i dont want them too know please help :crying: sometimes i feel like no one cares about me and no one loves me not even my parents and ever since my friend died my cutting has gotten worse

Comments

• Options
    Awesome Name btw!

Sorry to hear you're struggling with self harm, have you spoken to the teachers about bullying? There's a website http://www.cybermentors.org.uk/ where you can talk to a trained mentor about the bullying and they won't tell your parents, Have you spoken to your doctor about self harm? Counsellors have a confidentiality policy which means that, You can talk to them about anything and they won't tell anyone unless they're worried about your safety.

I suggest finding a teacher you like and trust, and tell her whats going on. If you can't verbalize whats happening, Write her a note or a letter and tell her whats happening, You choose the limit of what you want to put, You can put it just how you've put it to us if you'd like. Or something as little as "I'm being bullied. It's impacting on my moods making me resort to self harm". School have an anti bullying policy so whenever a report of bullying is made they HAVE to act on it and stop it.

As for the self harm take a read of this List of distractions

We do care about you
    Take Care
  • Options
    Hi!
    I've self harmed for a number of years so I can understand how you feel in a way.
    If you want help you have to really want it, and accept whatever help you can get, and be prepared for a struggle. You also have to want to help yourself, if that makes any sense at all?

A good website to go on is childline. I know it might sound like a website for little kids but it's actually quite good. You can go on the message boards, like on here, and talk to other young people who might be going through the same things as you. You can go on a 1 to 1 chat with a counsellor, or use child line email. It's good because it's all anonymous, so they can't tell your parents or anybody.

I'm not sure how good it is because I haven't really used it, but the site that my school referred me to was KOOTH. That's anonymous too.

A good thing that I find is try to find other ways of expressing yourself. For example, singing, drawing, writing, dance, anything creative. Drawing and writing works best for me. Also, I think distractions are a very good thing.

I also recommend trying to write down your feelings before you self harm, and try to find out what triggers it. Then think back on it and try to think how you could manage those things better in the future.
  • Options
    hi thanks for the reply uhm ive talked to my p.e teacher about it but only cus he noticed the cuts im new to my school so i dont know many teachers there so i dont really wanna talk to them altho ive talked to the councellor and she said that it had to stop so she going to see the princepal so im hoping that will get sorted out but it didnt the last time so i dont know thankyou for the links aswelland the jessie quote was really cute haha i love your smiley too :)sorry im new too this so im not sure how to put who this is too so its for emalee
  • Options
    Hitori wrote: »
    Hi!
    I've self harmed for a number of years so I can understand how you feel in a way.
    If you want help you have to really want it, and accept whatever help you can get, and be prepared for a struggle. You also have to want to help yourself, if that makes any sense at all?

A good website to go on is childline. I know it might sound like a website for little kids but it's actually quite good. You can go on the message boards, like on here, and talk to other young people who might be going through the same things as you. You can go on a 1 to 1 chat with a counsellor, or use child line email. It's good because it's all anonymous, so they can't tell your parents or anybody.

I'm not sure how good it is because I haven't really used it, but the site that my school referred me to was KOOTH. That's anonymous too.

A good thing that I find is try to find other ways of expressing yourself. For example, singing, drawing, writing, dance, anything creative. Drawing and writing works best for me. Also, I think distractions are a very good thing.

I also recommend trying to write down your feelings before you self harm, and try to find out what triggers it. Then think back on it and try to think how you could manage those things better in the future.

thankyou soo much all this has helped me in tons of ways x and i will deffinatly try out that website thankyou
  • Options
    thankyou soo much all this has helped me in tons of ways x and i will deffinatly try out that website thankyou

I'm glad. I hope the school gives you all the support you need. ^_^