Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Volunteering skills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, it's been a few years since i've been around these boards so hi to any oldies that are still floating around!

I've read through a few pages, and looked through a couple of search results but couldn't find anything relevant, so apologies if I've overlooked previous topics on this.

Basically, lots happened in life lately, mainly bad, but it all serves to make you realise certain things. And what i've realised is that i'm lucky in lots of ways, and that theres many people out there less so.
I'm also lucky that i'm hard working, well trained and have lots of experience in my vocation, and i'd like to pass this on in some way, unfortunately, I can't take on an apprentice and do it that way, however, i can certain pass it on with some of my time and apply it to any volunteering project that might be going on near by.

So, i was wondering what the best way would be to search for these projects, for worth while causes near by?

For what it's worth i'm a British Gas Installation Engineer (Regardless of what you think of British Gas keeping you on hold, charging too much etc... that's beside the point! I can vouch that, and i'm sure the majority of customers (not implying all) would agree that we tend to do a bloody good job, and i'd like to pass that on to a needy cause)

Many Thanks

Comments