Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anti-Depressants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys...

Well basically.. I got referred to CAMHS a few weeks ago, and today I went back to the doctors, and within being in there for like 5 minutes.. He's put me on Anti Depressants, I have no clue how i should feel about this, I dunno, not sure if it's sunk in... but yeah.. I dunnoo... :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Take them, be monitored. Feel better.
  • Options
    I think I probably felt the same as you the first time I had them prescribed.

It's worth a shot though right? They're not the answer to all of your problems by any means but sometimes they can help give people the strength to face their problems and make positive changes in their lives.

Did the doctor talk about any other treatment options?
  • Options
    i don't mean to sound really negative but, seriously, once you start them it's bloody difficult to get off them, like, ever... i'm starting to wish i had never been put on any antidepressant or antipsychotic, they're awful and mess with your body and mind probably worse than street drugs.
    but whatever, your decision.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.... Nope he didnt yellow

and to be fair, i didnt really have much of the choice Nutter... but Idk.. i guess maybe they can help.
  • Options
    Nutter wrote: »
    i don't mean to sound really negative but, seriously, once you start them it's bloody difficult to get off them, like, ever...

That wasn't my experience. With good support, you don't need to be on them forever.

As Fiend says, make sure you keep in touch with your GP so they can monitor you.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    That wasn't my experience. With good support, you don't need to be on them forever.

As Fiend says, make sure you keep in touch with your GP so they can monitor you.

Just to give balance, it really does depend. Some people will be on them for the long haul but in return get a massively improved quality of life. It just depends on the person and how they respond and so on.
  • Options
    and to be fair, i didnt really have much of the choice

you do have the choice, you have the right to ask why you are being given a treatment and to ask for another one if you're not comfortable with it. what support will you be getting from CAMHS?
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    you do have the choice, you have the right to ask why you are being given a treatment and to ask for another one if you're not comfortable with it. what support will you be getting from CAMHS?

I've got counselling..
  • Options
    I know what you are feeling Hannah. I got out of a mental hospital today, i was there from Wednesday. Today my doctor came to talk to me and he decided to send me home after i beged him to, he gave me pills to take don't know what are they :/ they are to calm me down i think. The whole think didn't sank in yet:confused:
    Now i have to go to the hospital next week plus pills and i have counselling too which i don't really like because i get anxious,nervous and and i start to shake from inside when i have to talk.
    But i agree with Fiend take them and start to feeling better.