Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doctors appointment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow because me counsellor decided i should go because she was worried bout me being depressed. Im going with a youth worker, but im still so scared. I know it sounds silly but im worried about what to say and stuff :s
and asking for time off college..
and will he think im stupid :l

Comments

• Options
    heyy

heyy elfie,

well done for comming in chat u done the right thing to get the support of us tonight
    its a big step to go to the doctors about ur depressing there to help u and support u too. u could right things down about all the things that makeing u depressed and u dont forget to tell ur doctor and it make u feel better. i writew things down too to help me. u be fine just stay carm a nice warm hot chcolate and watch the tv to take ur mind of it. have u tryed thing toi try and take ur mind of ther doctors. its good too that someone is going with u.

hope this helps
    lets us know how u get on :)
    rember we are here for u
    hugs *hug**hug*
    just rember we are here for u and u can pm me if u need to after or before ill be on x
  • Options
    i find u a link about depressed might be able to help u

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression

i find u a link about depressed might be able to help u

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression

also u could speak speak to the supportline

http://www.supportline.org.uk/

they will help u with lods of thinks includes depression
  • Options
    Thing is i don't wanna tell him why.. nor tell him bout me sh.. i guess thats whats me counsellors from. But me counsellor thinks i need antidepressants to help with depression and me really bad anxiety.. but like i just think he'd think im stupid :l
  • Options
    Hmm just that we're not allowed to make appointments in college time but me youth worker could only do college time. and im hoping she can cos im like proppa scared :l

and well its just i went to him in may saying i was rly depressed and he just shrugged it off :/ so i feel stupid going back i guess..

and i guess i wanna be honest.. but it feels too risky people finding out i guess..
  • Options
    have u talk to ur youtrh worker about how ur feeling :) she might be able to help u. no of this is ur fault. u done the right thing by going have a look at the things i posted and see what u think let us know if there no good and we try and find something eles. is all ways good to get it of ur chest. they wont think u stuid. u done really well on going this far

well done for posting ur doing really well on posting
  • Options
    Hmm only really trust me counsellor enough to talk to her about all that stuff..
    Guess it will be over this time tomorrow..
    just hoping college wont flip :l
  • Options
    heyy

have u expained to ur collage to say that u got docotors appoment. or ask them to right a letter to say u been to the doctors or even ask ur youth worker to tell them. it be over before u know it trust me. i think writeing it down is good idea to gibve to ur doctor or to remind u what u would like to say

good luck let us knowhow it goes *hug*
  • Options
    Me youth worker wrote me a letter so that they wont get mad.. but im still worried i guess.. cos the tutor i got at the time is like head of it, and they always go on bout not in college time, but i can't help it tbh.. :L
    also kinda worried they will mention it to me mam :s cos she dnt know im going..
  • Options
    Thants good that they are going to write a letter to them to explain. Can u expain what ur scared of

Rember we are here for u
  • Options
    Hi Alfie
    I just wanted to see if you went to your appointment today and if so, how did it go? I hope it wasn't too difficult for you.
    Spanner