Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone connected a Wii to a monitor?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
The best way to connect it to a TV is with a component (YPbPr) cable but there are few monitors that have such an input.
There are some YPbPr to VGA cables around, and supposedly there's no loss in quality because both signals are analog, but I'd like to have that verified before getting a monitor.
Should I just give up on this idea and get a TV instead?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Many newer computer monitors have HDMI input which would do the trick if you wanted it to double up. Sound would be shockingly bad though.

Last I knew years ago when I looked into doing the same thing, it wasn't particularly cheap unfortunately and in the end I just went and got a 32" 1080p TV which is also amazing for watching TV (duh!) and films on. It really depends on how much space you have to play with and what compromises you are willing to make.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    A Wii doesn't have HDMI output.
    I'll probably just get a TV anyway, I remembered that I need the monitor to use interlaced mode as well.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd reommend a Samsung Syncmaster 245T if you find one going second hand. I've not verified they work with a Wii, but they to support a range of AV input.