Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

feels useless

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel really un helpful on here :(

feel like dosnt want to post on anyones post no more

Comments

• Options
    If you feel like you don't want to comment on other peoples threads..simply don't? Nobody is forcing you too..You could always take a break for a short while and come back when you feel like it. Or as you've mentioned you said you're feeling useless, why not start your own threads and tell us whats going on....you can get help advice and support for yourself too
  • Options
    thanks for that Emily :)
  • Options
    same.
    your just sad. wait till you feel better.
    in the meanwhile, enjoy reading them.
    I feel really un helpful on here :(

feel like dosnt want to post on anyones post no more
  • Options
    you shouldn't feel useless, it's just that sometimes I don't think you quite understand the post, so the advice you're giving doesn't help because of that, do you know what I mean? you shouldn't stop posting :)
  • Options
    *Holly**Holly* Deactivated Posts: 140 Helping Hand
    Hey bubbley-Heather :wave:

Sorry to hear you're feeling that way about posting here. As others have suggested, if it's making you feel down, you're free to take a break and just browse and read.

It's worth remembering though that in an online environment, like TheSite boards, it can be hard to know if the advice you've given is helping someone because you can't see them read it, or they might not reply. Unless someone specifically says 'thank you', you can feel a bit rejected, especially after you've taken the time to post something thoughtful. Even us mods can suffer from such feelings! :) It's really normal in an online support environment because, unless the initial poster tells you, you don't know what they did with your advice.

The important thing is that:
    a) there's no right or wrong way to post or give advice (as long as it's in TheSite rules), we all bring our own experiences and personality into whatever we write.

And b) Remember that just because you can't see people reading your posts, doesn't mean it hasn't massively helped them. Even just having someone read your thread and respond can make people feel much better as it means they're being heard and cared about.

So don't be put off posting - you're probably doing much more help than you realise :) We'll always welcome your input here on TheSite.

Holly
  • Options
    f0rget I just wont come on here anymore everyone dosnt understand what learning diffactlys I got :( so I not going to bother just suffer with it all :(:(
  • Options
    f0rget I just wont come on here anymore everyone dosnt understand what learning diffactlys I got :( so I not going to bother just suffer with it all :(:(

I don't think you've given people a chance...You can't expect to get positive remarks from everyone who youi give advice to..its impossible, everyone will have differen't veiws on what advice is good and what isn't. You might give advice and it might not be helpful to the orginal poster, doesn't mean you should give up, It just means..try again later or forget it, and actually many other users have learning difficulties themselves so they do understand. You need to understand that people are going through things themselves.
  • Options
    Heather, you're lovely.

You're right, we won't ever fully understand your learning difficulties, as it differs from person to person - but you still love helping people right? Sometimes we all need a little break to help ourselves, so maybe you could get some support for you?

You're not 'unhelpful' you're, helpful.

We're all here for you my darling, and we won't ever judge you. Promise.
    You know where I am if you want a chat. *hug*