Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alices parcel

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Plonking this in here.

So erm...apples?

I recently posted about my friends Megan,Ella and Alice. So dumdedumm..

I got a parcel a few days ago, it didn't say who it was from so as you do I got excited and wripped it open, There was a box and two letters, one in an envelope and one that wasn't, So I picked the first one up and it said

Emily, I saw this in Alices room when I was cleaning up. Its addressed to you, I've not seen it, I've not read it. I just added this letter and I've posted it, I didn't know if i should or not but I'm hoping it brings you some comfort because I know she adored you.

So then I started to shake, and felt butterflies in my tummy I didn't want to open it but I knew I should. I didn't know what was in it and I wasn't sure if I wanted to, I deffinetly didn;'t want to read the letter wondering if it was her suicide letter and that she had meant to send me it before in hope I'd save her. But after about an hour of looking at it, I opened the letter and it read.

Emily My beautiful little girl, I'm sorry I can't imagine this could be easy for you to read or to come to turns with what has happened, You are an inspirational girl and I hope you're proud of yourself. I wanted to nominate you for that award but I found out Emma had done. This present is for you to remember me and Ella, wear it everyday. Your name is in the middle and mine and Ellas is on either side of you so you know we are always going to be besides you even though we aren't alive anymore. I choose the heart charms because thats where I want us to stay forever in your heart. Stop crying princess and smile. Laugh till it hurts.

I've never cried so much then i did reading that, I'm not sure what to think anymore, It hurt me so much reading it because I wish sometimes I hadn't got it because, I don't know, I just miss them both so much but in another way. Its like..a bit of comfort, I haven't taken it of since I got it and im scared it breaks. but everytime i see it..i start to cry..is this stupid?

Comments

• Options
    I'm crying my eyes out and I didn't even know them, so it's definitely not stupid that you cry hun :heart:
  • Options
    I'm crying my eyes out and I didn't even know them, so it's definitely not stupid that you cry hun :heart:

You miss them both, its not stupid to cry when you look at it *hug*
  • Options
    Everyones telling me (people I know personally) that I should just of gotten over this by now and stop making such a big deal out of it..
  • Options
    These people, have they ever been through it? Do they have any clue whatsoever?
  • Options
    Yeah..well...No...kinda....ahh?

they've had people die..but I guess not in the space of two days and through suicide..so I guess its a little different
  • Options
    It's completely different. Mainly because it's you, not them. Frankly, fuck them all the way to the shops, grief takes what it takes.
  • Options
    I lost a friend a while back, though it was in different circumstances I still don't think I'm over it. These days I can cope with it and it doesn't effect me that much, but I would be lying if I said I was completely over it. Things like this can often take a long time and you will possibly find you can cope with it long before you are properly over it. Sometimes the grief and the pain caused by remembering them, although hurtful at the time, really ingrains the person in your mind. As I have said in another thread, though it hurts now, this hurt and remembering is when you think of a friend and no doubt the good times you shared. In time things will be better.
  • Options
    9 years ago, my best friend accidentally shot himself in the head while cleaning the gun his uncle bought him for his 12th birthday (stupid age to have a gun, right? but that's America for you). to this day, im still not entirely over it. losing someone close to you hurts a lot.. losing more than one person in such a short time hurts a hell of a lot more. everyone needs different amounts of time to grieve, and considering what you have been through with this, i would say you need quite a lot of time.. dont let other people get to you, because they obviously didn't have the connection with these girls like you did.. it is completely reasonable for you to need time, and you should take as much as you need :heart:
  • Options
    I'm really glad you were able to get that parcel from your friend; I hope it's allowed you to realise how much she cared about you. It doesn't mitigate the pain, though, it's opened up a very raw wound. Everyone above is right, we all grieve differently depending on our personality, whom we're grieving for, and how they died.

There's some specific information on surviving a suicide here, which seems really good.