Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

awkward night...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi,
I'm new here and this is my first post, but basically I was wondering if I can get some advice?
This week I went out for my best friends birthday, and she had invited some of her guy mates. We all ended up going back to her place, and long story short I ended up sleeping with one of them in my best mates bed. anyway, when I woke up the next morning, I realised he was holding me and watching me sleep. Kind of strange.
Anyway, I realised that I rather liked him, I've added him on Facebook and messaged him about meeting up for a drink or something. I know he's read my message, Facebook told me so, but I haven't got a reply yet.
My problem is that a year and a half ago I got raped, and as a result I self harmed. I'm very conscious of my scars as they are really bad, but I've accepted them and find no difficulty in wearing short sleeves, as they are part of who I am. However, I'm worried that when he clocks them properly in daylight he'll want to know more, and I don't want to explain them. I was just wondering what people thought I should say?

Comments

• Options
    Has he replied yet? If not I wouldn't worry about if he sees them, and wants to know! None of his business x
  • Options
    if a relationship comes of it, and he asks, just tell him that youve had a bad past, and that was your coping mechanism. say that you have moved on from it, but dont want to talk about it for the time. when you are ready to tell him more, then tell him. but dont tell him if you arent comfortable sharing something so personal, even if he tries to pressure you into it
  • Options
    If he gets bothered by them...then you sure he's a good'un for you?. If my on-off girlfriend saw my scars and was botherd by them...I'd kick my size 11's up her arse and point her to the door...You want someone who doesn't give a shit about what you've done in the past or baout your past but wants to make the best future they can with you a happy one.