Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guilt trip sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,
My ex used to guilt trip me into sex. Because I didn't want to do it, it was always very uncomfortable. I'm now really anxious about sex, I'm worried it will hurt and I have trust issues. Can anyone offer some advice?

Comments

• Options
    dont have sex until you want it and are completely ready.. if you do it any other way, it will be very unpleasant. take your time, and dont rush into it. if you wait until you are ready, it will be very enjoyable
  • Options
    im not surprised youre anxious. It sounds like your ex pretty much raped you, and it will take time to learn to relax again. Dont rush into anything x
  • Options
    Hey Batcrap

It sounds like you had a really difficult time in your last relationship, so it's totally understandable you're feeling anxious about sex. typerry92 is right in advising you not to rush anything - I'm sure that when you meet the right person and the time is right you will know it and it will feel right, even if all your anxieties haven't gone completely.

Try to remember that every new relationship is a new chapter. Even though you can't forget what happened with your ex, it doesn't mean that your next relationship will be the same.

And don't underestimate what an amazing thing you have done by getting - and staying - out of this relationship. It's not easy to leave a controlling parter, so just getting to where you are now is a huge step forward.

Thought I'd give you a couple of links to articles that might be useful - although you're out of the relationship, they might still help you in future:

Unfair sexual demands

Leaving a controlling partner

*hug*
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Like typerry92 said, never let anyone talk you into having sex when you're not ready. And if it's with the right person it should feel amazing. xx
  • Options
    and keep in mind, if your partner isnt willing to wait, then he isnt worth your time. as much as you may like him, if he cared for or respected you at all, he would respect your desire to wait. and he would wait with you
  • Options
    Amen!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone,
    Yeah it was really hard to break up with him, I don't even know why. I suppose I loved him because he convinced me I couldn't do better. Then when we broke up he told my friends complete rubish about me. It took me ages to see how controlling, demanding and obsessive he was so I'm glad I got out of that one. The thing is now, I've met someone and it hasn't been that long since I broke it off with my ex. I've been friends with this guy for a while and I do trust him, but if I went out with him I know I'd get paranoid. I'm not sure I like him the same amount either so I'm worried it would be cruel dating him as I could be leading him on. I think the best thing would be to wait and see how things are. Concentrate on myself for a while (as selfish as that sounds). What do you all think?
  • Options
    Not selfish at all. We all need some time to ourselves to sort things out, sounds like a great plan. xx
  • Options
    Thats not selfish at all, sounds perfect to me. In my experience so many people rush into relationships they're not ready for or dont even want because of some weird societal pressure to be in a relationship, and so they just end up unhappy, their partners unhappy, they break up and the same thing happens again. If you're not sure about this new guy then taking time to think about it is sensible.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice Reena and Lexi99 :) x