Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What turned my anxiety around

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,
I have not posted in ages partly because I have been feeling well and thought I would share what helped me for those looking for something that may work for them. It may not work for everyone but if I help just one other person I will be happy:yes:
I used to have bad anxiety and panic attacks but thanks to learning the CBT thought countering exercise called the TEA form I have been basically anxiety free for over five years now. I learned how to use the TEA forms in the book my therapist gave me called Been there, done that? Do This! by Sam Obitz. It's a short, simple book and the TEA forms have been a Godsend for me:thumb:
Hope everyone is having a good start to their week!

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Celine,

Thanks for sharing - I haven't heard of a Tea form - what exactly is it? Would be good to hear more... :yes:
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's a CBT exercise done on paper where you write down the anxiety producing thought (this is the T part of TEA.), then you write down all the common anxiety causing errors contained in the offending thought (this is the E part) and finally you analyze and answer with a more objective answer that is not anxiety causing (this ia the A part).
    Over time their use trains your brain to think this non anxiety producing way on its own and your anxiety problems start to vanish (or at least they have for me) :thumb: