Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it normal to feel so high now and again?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I suffer from depression and can often feel pretty rotten for weeks at a time. Well I wont go into detail as I dont think its important right now.

It feels like, every 2/3 weeks for 2/3 days I get so fucking high. For no reason. Im just buzzing. Im so happy I cannot sleep or do anything but smile and dance...

I feel like this right now. Im sat listening to music and its 2am and I NEVER want to go to sleep.
(aaand I sound like a little kid. Great. lol).

I dont have any kind of bi-polar because I know it does not work like this but...
Is this how balanced minded people get or is this a symptom of depression?

I hate when this feeling leaves me. I end up so drained, on the floor, like its some kind of come down. I end up so gritty and grainy and sad for weeks.

But, for a few days... everything is so good. Its tiring. It cant sustain itself cause I am so excited.

This post is very embarrassing... its prolly garbled crap. Im sorry!
It feels weird being alone feeling like this...

Does anyone else get this?

Im 23, not been taking my anti depressants for 5/6 months now.
IDK if this is relevant? I took myself off of them.

I know i'll read this post in a few days and wonder who the hell posted it!

Comments

• Options
    I can't help with the why or anything, but you're certainly not the only one, I know exactly what you mean.

Nina x
  • Options
    Thank you for posting.

Its nice to know there are other people out there that get like this at times!

It feels so good to have an interest and joy in things that is usually (well for me anyway) lacking or missing from my life.

Its like an overload of goodness xD
  • Options
    Annaarrr!!Annaarrr!! Posts: 876 Part of The Mix Family
    Mm, i've experienced the same, does it tend to happen after reaching a high level of tiredness and fatigue? I start bouncing of the walls if I hadn't had a decent amount of sleep or I'm just overly tired. You're certainly not alone though. Why don't you try and limit the feeling if you can? I don't mean make yourself stop feeling good, but try and be sensible with the sleep and rationalise it if you can in your head so you can understand it's just a temporary thing and then you might be better prepared for the comedown. But make sure you enjoy the feeling while it's there, if you struggle to stay levelled like i do and you get a grip of when the moods are coming you can look forward to the highs. (:

x
  • Options
    bi-polar

this does sound quite a lot like the symptoms of bi-polar disorder. and there are different intensities of it. has a professional told you that you don't have it, or do you just assume you don't?
  • Options
    Hey there c:

I just assumed I did not have it. I have been to the drs a few times and tried to explain how things are month to month but it is difficult to explain sometimes. Especially when I am in a different mood to the one I am trying to describe. If you know what I mean?

I assumed I dont have bi-polar because I looked into it and I thought the mood swings were measured by... like monthly changes or something.

I dont really know what I am talking about though... haha

No I think, what I am doing is being self obsessed to a certain degree. I need to stop thinking about my self so much I think.
    It is hard sometimes though!
  • Options
    there are different types of bi-polar, and some have long periods of either depression or mania, and then short periods of the opposite one.
    this is a bit long-winded but this sight has been helpful to others in the past:
    http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/bipolar-disorder/complete-index.shtml

also the NHS website is always helpful. and of course typing anything into google always brings up helpful results!
    it would be hard to explain to a doctor how you feel, as it always is for anyone. but perhaps if you read up on the disorder, and from there if you think you have it, you could tell a doctor what you've read and that how you feel matches the disorder?

of course i'm not implying that you do have it! of course you may not. but just a suggestion to help you figure out if your moods swings could be caused by this :)
  • Options
    I do really appreciate your help and advice.

I have been tiring of trying to cope with my mood swings alone so I am getting to the point where I am going to go see the Dr. Im not doing so well on my own and have ended up back at my parents house! I should be with my partner, bless him.

I will check out that website for sure and try to think about things as objectively as possible!
  • Options
    Maybe there is something causing you to be happy. I feel soo depressed day after day after day until I make myself complete. It's not easy for me to be complete but if I was complete all the time I wouldn't be like this.