Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eye shadow for green eyes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Following on from my other thread, it seems it's time to buy new eye shadow.

I can't find one exactly the same as the one I've been using.

What colours work well on green eyes? What about something like Clinique's Sparkling sage / french vanilla duo? Or is putting greens on green eyes not a good idea.

Please help me. As you can probably tell from my recent threads I'm fairly clueless when it comes to make up.

Comments

• Options
    I think a combination of light browns and purples or lilac would work well.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm clueless about makeup too RG but do you subscribe to any of the makeup gurus on youtube. Panacea81 is pretty good and I think she has green eyes. http://www.youtube.com/user/panacea81
  • Options
    I have green eyes and usually wear purples and golds.
  • Options
    My eyes are greeny/greyish and I generally wear metallic greeny brown and gold.
  • Options
    Its all colour theory - if you did GCSE art you might remember the colour wheel. Opposites are best, harmonious colours (the colours either side of it on the wheel) also work. Complimentary colours are those either side of your opposite, these too are possible.

So for green:

Opposite - red (if you are willing to go for a very bold look it can look amazing)
    Harmonious - Yellow - but not yellow because its a very hard colour for anyone to wear well. Gold does work though. Blue as well - and there are many shades, it totally depends on what kind of look you want and how daring you want to be.
    Complimentary - Purple and brown (the reason I said brown rather than orange as its again a very hard colour for most people to wear, and pink works much better with blue as a complimentary than it does with green).

But having said all of that, it doesn't mean you can't wear whatever colour you like! There maybe some tones of colours which should work for you which don't and some shades which shouldn't work but do. It is a case of trial and error really!

If it helps I'll do other eye colours tomorrow
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    If it helps I'll do other eye colours tomorrow

Brown eyes please :)

I normally stick to my "safe colours" browns and greys it would be interesting to see what you suggest.
  • Options
    Brown:

Opposite colours - Blue and turquoise
    Harmonious colours - Brown doesn't really have any asides different shades of brown and gray. On the colour wheel it would be either red or yellow, but neither of these colours look very harmonious with brown in real life.
    Complimentary colours - Purple and possibly green (but with both stick to more bluey purples + greens rather than pinky ones or yellowy ones)
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I"m looking forward to buying more eyeshadow when I have some money.
  • Options
    I use one of these (Dusk Till Dawn), and they are great for the money http://www.muastore.co.uk/index.php/eyes/eye-shadow/palettes
    I use their eye primer (£1.50) underneath, which makes them stay on for much longer.
  • Options
    I guess it's fairly simple to pull women in a club. You stand at the door of a club (on the inside), wait until a woman is passing by outside, grab her arm or sleeve or whatever and just pull.