Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi this morning i'm kind of having a bad morning. i don't have a job so i don't know what to do with myself. also i kind of like to stay in my house because of my low self esteem and i don't have anyone to hang out with so :/ any advice ??

Comments

• Options
    Hi there,

what do you want to fix first?
  • Options
    i kind of want to fix everything :/ i know that inpossible but first i want to start with my low self esteem because sometimes it gets too low that i can't take it no more.
  • Options
    Right, well, your location says Malta, which sounds beautiful, but a colleague tells me that it's small and sometimes it's hard to find something new to do. But, who do you live with, and what's nearby where you live?

How old are you and what do you know how to do?
  • Options
    yes it is very small and yes it's hard to find something to do.i live with my parents. where i live it's a very small town and we don't have anything i have to go to another town to hang out or do something but it's not that far if i take a bus.all we have in our town is many restaurants.
    i'm 18 years old i like guitars but i don't know how to play. like drawing,love animals. sometimes i thing that i'm not good at anything.
  • Options
    You went to school though right? What's school like? done? not done? grades?
  • Options
    yes i did went to school.i finished secondary school and that kind of it. i don't have a good grades.at that time i didn't really like school but now i regret it. when i finished from school i went to work in a restaurant where my sister works because my mum told me to go and she kept telling me and stress me out until i went to shut her mouth but then i didn't like it and the depression that i have got worse because i didn't like the job and in the end i left the job and now trying to find another one.
  • Options
    What treatment are you getting for your depression?
  • Options
    i am a self harmer too i cut when i fell sad or angry ect. last year i cut my arm really bad that i had to go to a dr and he sent me to someone for help.sometimes it did help but sometimes i still felt the same.and than because i had no job i couldn't afford it. so right now i'm not getting any treatment.
  • Options
    I thought malta had universal healthcare?
  • Options
    we have places where you can go and don't pay but i don't know if there's some place for someone like me. we have places for drugs, alcohol,cancer but i have to ask my dr if he know of someplace where i can go. this is my first that i need help because old days i kind of like was cutting and depressed but i never wanted help.
  • Options
    You need to have a chat with your family doctor about getting some treatment. That, I think, is your first step. From there, you need to start getting yourself out of the house regularly.
  • Options
    i guess your right i have to do that.it's going to be difficult but i know i have to to it.
  • Options
    thanks fiend_85 for your advice :)
  • Options
    Its no problem at all. What are you doing today to get out and about or keep yourself active?
  • Options
    i don't know what i'm going to do. i guess clean my room and i do the thing that i do everyday feed strays cats and after i don't know.:/
  • Options
    Where could you go? Into town for a coffee and read a book? the beach? a swim?
  • Options
    mmm the beach sounds good i may go there and i will ask my sister if she wants to come with me. :) if she wants :/
  • Options
    If she doesn't you can always go alone. You might meet someone new to say hello to.
  • Options
    yes that's a good idea. :)