Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Depressions Getting Bad - When do I go to Hospital?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I posted a while ago about the possibility of me having bipolar... I'm basically being investigated for that, or possibly a personality disorder at the moment...

I have always had mood swings, but since around February, my depression has become more vicious and disabling... pure exhaustion, sleeping all the time, barely able to hold a conversation...

It has messed up a lot of things for me. I am in trouble at work for taking sick days, have had to give up being a union rep.... messed up my hobbies... In all honesty, if I had no family ties, I would kill myself and whilst I haven't attempted or planned it... I know what I'd do and sometimes fantasise about it in great detail...

THIS ISN'T WHO I WAS... this time last year, running half marathons, being social, doing uni applications and I am scared, so scared... but I don't know if I fear death, or living like this and losing what little I feel I have left.

If things get much worse, I think I'll see if I can check in to a hospital... I've been in before... Ten years ago. In a weird way, I wish I didn't feel an obligation tobfriends/family to live.

I am just wondering what the signs are to know I should go in?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Namaste :wave:

It sounds like you are going through a lot at the moment *hug*

When will you know your diagnosis? You have come to the right place to get everything out. I have put here a link from our site which will hopefully be useful to you as there are some contact numbers and advice. http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression/feelingsuicidal

If you feel you are at the point of crisis do not hesitate to take yourself to the hospital as they will be able to help you and give you the right treatment. Do not be afraid to do it now or the next day as we have a very good NHS mental health service who will support you with this :heart:

Please let us know how you are *hug*

purple_rain
  • Options
    Next appointment is 10th September... hopefully I'll get a diagnosis.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »

Will be thinking of you *hug*
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl

Good luck for tomorrow, hope everything goes well xx
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

Just wanted to drop by to see how the appt went?
  • Options
    It was Ok... I've been given Quetiapine (an antipsychotic, though I'll be on a 100mg dose, whereas some people far more severe than me would have 600).

Hoping it doesn't cause massive weight gain.

She doesn't want to give me a diagnosis yet, but wants to see how I respond, as it's a toss up between bipolar and borderline.