Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pain near implant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've got really bad pain in the arm my implant's in, especially just above my implant. It's not actually on/over the implant, but I'm wondering if it could be connected to it? I've had it for a year and a half now, and except for my periods all has been fine otherwise. I've also run my finger over it and it doesn't feel broken or anything, but it does feel deeper than it used to.
Just wondering if I should venture to the clinic and moan at them about it? Or do you think it's unconnected to the implant? :chin:
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    My friend's daughter had to have hers removed due to pains in her arm so it could well be related. Best speak to someone medical about it :)
  • Options
    I had pain in my arm near my implant when I had it in.
    It sort of felt like a muscle pain or something (I cant recall very clearly, it was a few years ago).

I mentioned it to my drs who were very uninterested (a form of birth control causing an adverse reaction? Never!)
    It stopped when I had it taken out though.
  • Options
    Thanks both of you :) Yea it does feel a bit like muscle pain! I'll leave it a few days, it's not there at the moment, but if it does come back I'll go and see one of the people at the clinic.
  • Options
    Thats okay!

I hope you get it sorted out (without having to remove it if its working for you otherwise).

I had a coil fitted and have not had any major problems with that :)