Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ian Brady

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What with Ian Brady back in the news, because of the letter he could possible of written to Winnie Johnson, I was wondering what everyone else thinks?
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19292164)
Personally, I think if there was a letter it will have been destroyed by now, if Brady wanted it to be opened after his death there's no way he'd take the risk of it being opened beforehand.
But I do hope Keith's body is found before his mum dies, which according to some reports will be very soon :(

Also, what does everyone think about Ian Brady being force fed? (for those who don't know, he's been on hunger strike since 1999 in an attempt to die, but because he's sectioned he's not allowed to kill himself and has been tube fed since then)
I'm in two minds about it. On the one hand, I think it's a great waste of money keeping him alive, and also, if he's that desperate to die maybe we should just let him. He's not bringing anything to the world.
On the other hand, I don't think he should be allowed to get what he wants, and if he wants to be moved to a prison and starve to death then he should be kept in a hospital and force fed.
The one thing I am sure of though, is he is clearly very mentally ill, and should never be released.
Thoughts? :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Just seen that Winnie Johnson has died :(
  • Options
    Poor woman. I hope they keep him in a bare cell, and I hope they keep force feeding him. Keep him alive as long as possible. Death would be an easy way out for the murdering scum bag.
  • Options
    He's in Ashworth hospital, and I had a look at the list of items they're allowed in the rooms... Including stereos, TV's with freeview, DVD players, up to 24 DVD's/CD's... I think under the circumstances of what he did, even though he's mentally ill, he shouldn't be allowed so many luxuries.
    I really hope they find Keith soon so him and his mum can be buried together :(
  • Options
    Starry nightStarry night Posts: 674 Incredible Poster
    Waste of money for him to be alive. But, if he is so desperate to die, he should suffer considering what he did, which he shows no remorse for. Also, if there was no afterlife, that would mean he would just end his suffering, he shouldn't be able to just get out suffering like that for what he did.
  • Options
    Although it sounds harsh, i think the man is very clever (and deceitful) and although not the worst thing to happen in the whole saga of ian brady, many people thinking they have outwitted him, have found out to their detriment that they have not.
  • Options
    I don't really feel able to even form an opinion considering how unbalanced the man is. I don't think he'll ever reveal where Keith's body is. From the little I've read about him, I doubt keeping him alive by force feeding him is even regarded by Brady as a punishment. When a person is that unhinged can they even comprehend suffering?