Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Average waiting time for First Adult Passport in UK?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi, I was just looking to get a realistic waiting time for a first adult passport in the uk, it says 6 weeks on the directgov website but I would like to know how long it actually took for other people? It was sent on the 7th August (think this might still be within peak times) using the check and send service, and he was included on his parent's passport as a child... not sure if that affects it at all?

Booked to go on holiday 12th September but don't think we're going to manage now :(
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It took my mum 3 weeks for a renewal about a month ago, so its possible it might come in time but unlikely.
    First adult passports take a bit longer. Ring them up and ask them, sometimes you can pay extra to get a priority appointment at a passport office.
    Yeah it depends on how much you are prepared to pay!

You should allow 2 months if it says 6 weeks
    I got mine in a week - was really surprised! Although I guess you can't count on that happening, especially as I imagine about now is "high-season" for passport applications.
    yellowseahorse - was that a first adult passport? When did you apply for it? Not gonna get my hopes up but still want to be semi prepared just in case it does arrive in time!
    January and yeah was my first adult one.

Edit - I used the post office's checking system so no idea if that helped - I think they just check you've filled in the form correctly so I doubt it.
    January and yeah was my first adult one.

Edit - I used the post office's checking system so no idea if that helped - I think they just check you've filled in the form correctly so I doubt it.

You'd be amazed how easy it is to get it wrong, so it speeds up the process by making sure it doesn't get sent back for you to change.