Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

my secrets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest, you don't have to read this, you don't have to reply, but I want to post it anyway.

So this is my list of secrets that either nobody knows, or very few people know:

1) I'm petrified of the dark even though I'm 18
2) I sleep on the floor because I don't like beds
3) I'm questioning my sexuality
4) I'm scared of being an adult
5) I'm paranoid that everyone's out to get me
6) I think I'm going to try heroin to see if it makes me feel better
7) Sometimes when people talk about sex, I feel/I am sick
8) I calorie count
9) I think i self harm in my sleep
10) I was raped last month by a man, and I can still feel him inside me

So yeah, there's some of my biggest secrets...I hope nobody looks down on me.

Comments

• Options

harry,
    ik u said we didn't have 2 reply but i feel i need 2.

well.....
    1) who would look down on you? you've obviously been through quite a bit then...
    2) i am terrified of the dark too and sleep on the floor!
    and 3) It's good you're finally getting things off your chest, remember i'm here for ya and so r many other people!

bexy xx *hug*
  • Options
    Hey justharry

Welcome to TheSite. I hope your finding it a useful resource. :wave:

Getting things off your chest can be great, can't it? :)

A lot of secrets will be no surprise to most people on the board. I'm still afraid of the dark and being an adult (one day maybe) :banghead:.

I wouldnt worry about people looking down on you either for disclosing some of the things your feeling or what you have experienced.

Just a couple of points though, you mentioned you were thinking of trying heroin... I don't know your situation personally, but it might be worthwhile checking out the section here on TheSite for more information on heroin, its side effects and most importantly its legal status. Here is the link below...

http://www.thesite.org/drinkanddrugs/drugsafety/drugsatoz/heroinandopiates

Secondly, your disclosure about what happened to you last month. Have you sought any sort of medical advice on what happened to you. Did you visit a doctor or report a crime to the police? These are not necessarily things you need to reply to on a public forum, but thinking about them and acting if you feel you need too might be useful for you.

While thinking about that, you might want to check out the Rape Crisis webpage. It has loads of informative resources and a free phone number you could call if you needed any more advice or to speak to someone. The link to that is below too!

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/

Hope some of that helps. It's good to know you have people like moneyhead!!! to confide in and rely on.

Let us know how things get on.

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks

I'm sort of glad that you guys weren't really freaked out. yeah i tried solving my problems logically and legally but i guess that didn't really work out.
  • Options
    Hey Harry, I'm new here, but no one would ever look down on you if you were having problems. We're all here to give each other support. Hope you're feeling better for having got all that off your chest. *hug*
  • Options
    justharry wrote: »
    I'm sort of glad that you guys weren't really freaked out. yeah i tried solving my problems logically and legally but i guess that didn't really work out.

What have you tried? Have you seen a doctor or anything?
  • Options
    yeah I went to the doctor

but I was so nervous I threw up and had to leave..I don't think I can try again
  • Options
    justharry wrote: »
    but I was so nervous I threw up and had to leave..I don't think I can try again

Can you take someone to the waiting room with you? Or write a letter and jsut walk in to your appointment and hand it over?
  • Options
    hey, nobody is gonna look down on you.. dont worry. I am also scared of the dark. I am 23.
    xx