Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

out of hours GPs/bank holidays and urgentish health issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To cut a long story short, I came home after being taken out for a meal by a friend (not something I very often do and that could have been a trigger as it was busy), sat and watched some TV for a bit and then had a couple of fits. I've had these fits before, but not like this for a year or so. Its not something that I should go to A&E for because theres nothing they can do and the experience stresses me out more and can just make the fits worse (especially if they make me sit in minors).

My housemate wants to call my GP out tomorrow, but its going to be an out of hours GP who won't have access to my notes and thus will probably just send me to hospital.

What do I do? Do I just hang tight till tuesday, or what? I know its not really my call, if I'm bad enough I'll get carted off regardless I'm just really not keen on it. maybe I can sleep it off now...

Comments

• Options
    Do you need medical attention then? If so, then you should call OOH.

If not, wait until your GP is back on Tuesday.
  • Options
    I had another fit this morning and my housemate rang the OOH GP and they have said if I have another they will come out and see me and give me some anti-epileptic medication (I didn't think that would help because I don't have epilepsy, but I'm not a doctor). I'm just hoping I don't have any more, I'm wiped out and hurting. I'm just so glad my housemate has been here the hold time, its pretty scary on your own.

Oh well, there goes my chance of have a drivers licence gone for another year ;(
  • Options
    If you dont want to go to hospital, at least keep someone with you until tuesday to get an urgent doctors appointment. At least if things do get worse someone can make judgement and contact who ever is necessary if you fit again.
  • Options
    I had some arsey GP come out to see me who pretty much said to my housemate that he thought I was faking it (after I told him I'd been diagnosed with a non-epileptic seizure disorder, its like he thought it didn't exist). Although my blood sugar level was low enough for him to be concerned, he really made me feel like an attention seeking time wasting little twat.

I'll go to the GP on tuesday, I'm hoping that I don't have any more and it will all blow over, but I just have this horrible feeling this is the start of more tests, more waiting lists and hospital visits. FUCK THIS BULLSHIT! I know I'm upset right now but if I could cut out the part of my brain that does this I would. ;(
  • Options
    Ah, *hug* sorry to hear this Miss_Riot. I've experienced shitty OFH doctors before. It's not fair nor reasuring.
    I think its a very good idea to go see your own GP tuesday. I know further tests, etc won't be fun but it's worth investigating what has re-started these fits.
    Try to not beat yourself up about this, it's not your fault.

:heart:
  • Options
    I don't feel like I can do anything other than beat myself up. I've not had any fits today but I feel a total mess mentally today.

Possibly listening to Alice in Chains on repeat isn't helping matters...