Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Very light period, help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there, my periods usually last 3-5 days and i'm usually a week late. Last month I was heavy, a week late (running into the next month) and lasted 3-5 days.

During this month, I lost my virginity and we used a condom. He filled it with water after we had sex and it didn't have a hole in it so that was good. I've also had a common cold but it has been really bad as in a terrible cough and lots of mucus anyway.

I'm currently on for the 3rd day, I came on my period bang on time this month but it's VERY light and just brown. On Sunday (which was my exact due on date) I felt like I was properly on my period still brown though, quite a lot in my towel, but since then it's VERY light, barely even filling a sanitary towel and it's brown. I'm hoping i'm not pregnant as the condom didn't split! I have read that the reason it may be light and brown is because I was heavy last month and it's old blood clearing away. However, I am still worried. Should I take a home pregnancy test or is this normal? Please help!

It's stressing me out!!

Comments

• Options
    That sounds pretty normal, the brown stuff is just the old stuff from last month. How long have you had your periods, because they can be irregular at the beginning? Also, the fact that you are bleeding, even lightly is a pretty good sign that you're not pregnant but if really are that worried then it wont hurt to do a test
  • Options
    I've had my periods for about 2 years, i'm 16.
  • Options
    I've had my periods for about two years-ish. I'm 16. Does the brown stuff count as this months period then? Super stressed!
  • Options
    Hmm I dont know to be honest but try not to get too stressed about it, because you'll make it worse! Are you concerned about the possibility of pregnancy, or what your period is looking like?

If its the pregnant thing, do a test if its stressing you that much
    If its the period thing, well it probably doesnt mean anything, seeing as your last month was so heavy I've had that before too.