Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's your favourite day and why?

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Yay, first day of spring :yippe:

3329141714_a7bbbb2c75.jpg (photo by one of our TheSite photographers) :)

In last night's chat we were asking each other this question. It strikes me that sometimes having a specific day to look forward to can give us that push to get through the week in a happier frame of mind. :)

I also think it's a good question for getting to know people better - it helps people understand, what are the things that really matter to you?

My answer to the question was
I like Sunday's because I never feel pressure to do anything...usually the rest of the week is so hectic...it's nice to know there's a day when I can be a lazy bum :razz:

Having said that, I also tend to like Wednesdays as it's a day when I get to see special people in my life. Here are a few other examples from others in the chat...
Wednesday, I have nice lessons xD welsh, tech, music, drama and art..
Tuesday and saturday, cos i see people I like
Mines wednesday too, football match during the day then football training on the night yippee.
fridays r the best
Tuesday, I get to spend time with my dad, if he's not at a meeting or not getting together with the Muslim community.

And of course, this kind of conversation does lead us to flip the coin the other way and ask what's your worst day?

I definitely agree with the following:
Mondays are the worst.

Best days, worst days....and why?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Friday has to be the best, awesome lessons at school then 2 hours of ballet, which are the best 2 hours of my week.

I think Wednesday would be my worst day, it has that middle of the week kind of feeling, I have awful lessons, and although we finish school early, I never have anything to do after school so I spend hours sat at home.

Nina x
  • Options
    Big big fan of Fridays. At work we go out to lunch as a team, then we finish a half hour earlier than usual. Followed by the weekend, two days of not getting up early, just bimbling around the house doing whatever needs doing. Painting the fence, going to the tip, quiet time with a book and a drink, out for a walk with the dogs and the missus, the list of lovely things goes on. Friday is the herald of all this, the gentle downward slope and the saviour of the week (scuse the pun).
  • Options
    I guess mine would have to be Friday and Saturday, the end of the week and the days where i can just chill. Sundays have always been the day we have to do family things and have always had to since my childhood, so i just find them really dull.

Having said that, since i dont do set shifts at work, i could potentially work any day of the week and have any other 2 days of the week off, so they become my new favourite days :)
  • Options
    Scrunday. It's the day between Sunday and Monday that only I know about.
  • Options
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Tuesdays are pretty bleak. Because Monday apparently you're still relatively 'high' from the weekend but Tuesday just feels like a downer because you haven't even reached the mid week hump of Wednesday.

I like Friday evenings personally.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Wednesdays are the worst for me, I never have any energy and it's not close enough to the weekend yet, so it just doesn't feel good!

Fridays are my best day, I think. No uni, I treat it as my weekend :D
  • Options
    Helen, i'd agree with you- Sunday

Sunday is my day to soak in the bath and say 'fuck off' to anyone trying to contact me. I feel lost if i don't have a sunday to chill and actually manage to relax...

Worst day? Probably Wednesday or monday.
  • Options
    Scrunday. It's the day between Sunday and Monday that only I know about.

:lol:
  • Options
    Thursday.

I have no reason
  • Options
    I personally love Monday's, their just relaxsational, yes it may be back to school, and the end of the weekend, but love seeing my friends again, and sitting on 1+2 lesson in IT, don't do much work in school on a Monday to be perfectly honest. Great lesssons!!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    **Deeds** wrote: »
    I personally love Monday's, their just relaxsational, yes it may be back to school, and the end of the weekend, but love seeing my friends again, and sitting on 1+2 lesson in IT, don't do much work in school on a Monday to be perfectly honest. Great lesssons!!

Made me :)
  • Options
    Not sure of days of the week but 21st of June (mid summers day) is my favourite day of the year. It always seems like a day full of magic
  • Options
    My favorite day is Friday too. Just to know that i have two days just for me, for sleep, for my hobbies is the best feeling i can have on Friday. And the worst, i think Tuesday. I just don't like this day.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Probably Saturdays. Because I neither have to get up early nor go to bed early. I'd say the Saturday is the most free day of the week.
  • Options
    Christmas Eve. Now that I live a bit from my family, I don't get to visit that often (though I'm there now!) On Christmas Eve, everybody is together and it is always such a happy time. We have buffet style snacks so there is no stress of food, we open presents and seeing the joy in everybodies faces is always just so awesome.