Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

OCD or real concern!???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

A while ago I was Driving down a road near home and have my music on, all the cars were queuing as there were lights there...suddenly notice cars in front had moved to the left a bit. Look behind me and there's an ambulance wanting to pass me. Oh god...I hadnt checked mirrors so didn't know it was there...and had music on so didn't hear (tho think it was lights only...not sure!!!). I could even have been not looking in front (fiddling with cd player etc) and only noticed AFTER the cars moved as opposed to seeing them moving which would obviously make the hold up time less.

Now convinced the extra seconds I held it up resulted in someone dying!!!!

OCD over reaction or would a normal person feel bad?

Honesty please!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Honestly, I'd say that those seconds you slowed it down are probably insignificant. Think of the initial call out and gathering the staff together to get the ambulance out of the hospital, the red lights it has to negotiate, the getting too and parking/stopping near the persons house, the other drivers who take a bit longer to pull over... etc etc.

Also, I can imagine a lot of the time the ambulances get called out it is not completely matter of "get here this second or I die" and more a case of getting to the hospital ASAP and so seconds don't count so much...

If I was you, I'd use it as a good learning experience and maybe not have your music up so loud and make sure to be checking the mirrors more in the future!

Hope this helps.