Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Self injury awareness day

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
Hey guys,
A few of you mentioned in chat last night that it's Self Injury Awareness Day today - people talked about small ways they might recognise it and for us at TheSite towers day it's about promoting support and understanding to those who may be suffering in silence or are not quite sure how to take the next steps to support after confiding anonymously online.

The article we're promoting on the homepage is this one:
http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/selfharm/confidinginsomeone

Check out our banner image too in which we're promoting support alongside Childline and Young Minds...

So, I was just if some of you might like to share the times you've confided in someone and it's helped you cope with self-harm.

Over to you... :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know this won't be the case for everyone but the biggest deciding factor in making me stop self harming was seeing just how distraught my mum was. She's a really strong person but she was very upset. I found out a while ago she had gone through a suicidal phase and the most painful thing was imagining she actually wanted to hurt herself or even to die. It gave me an idea of how she must have been feeling when she saw my arms. Still makes me shudder thinking about it.