Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

depression

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
err i have a problem lately i have been feeling really down the last couple of months and loads of people have told me to go visit my doctor because they think i have depression and i have done reaseach about it and have alot of the symptons for depression but im to scared to go to the doctors and cant talk to anyone about it what do i do?

Comments

• Options
    Hi dannii9896... Firstly, welcome to the site! :wave:

It sounds like your having a bit of a tough time at the minute and you sound unsure of what you should do next?

I know you say you have looked online a lot of information, but it is worthwhile checking out some of the information here on the site regarding depression etc. It's helpful, easy to read/understand impartial advice and might give you some guidance as to what you should do next. Check out the link below.

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/depression

Secondly, If you are feeling depressed, the best thing to do is contact your GP. Are there any specific reasons why you feel you can't go to your GP. Are they your family GP or anything like that? If so, you can be assured that anything you tell them will be treated with the strictest confidentialty, which is your right as a patient. You'll genrally find that they are a lot more helpful than you'd think and can almost certainly offer you a more detailed analysis of how your feeling at the minute.

Remember that even if you are feeling hopeless at the moment, depression is a treatable illness, and the bad feelings will not stay with you forever.

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on! *hug*

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
    Why do you feel so depress? Problems? Family? Friends?
  • Options
    I think talking to someone will surely help. It might not be your doctor, it can be your friend or even your guidance counselor at your school . As long as you have someone to talk to. And you shouldn't be scared of your GP, they are there to help you in any way. I hope you'll find the help you need. Hang in there and stay strong. :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Holly,
    Welcome and thanks for taking the time to post helpful advice. :)

Just wanted to point out that this thread was posted in June last year, so Dannii might not see it or her circumstances may well be different now - always worth checking the dates of threads before posting.

Gonna close this now.
This discussion has been closed.