Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Paypal/ebay gift card

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whatever you do, NEVER get one of these! They are total bollocks and me and my dad have just spent an afternoon of stress trying to get it to work!

I bought for him for xmas with £25 on, and you'd asumme it would be easy to upload to ebay/paypal to use.

Oh no, first you have to go to another site called 3V where you activate your card. This didnt work for us so we had to call the people we bought it from and get them to redo it so it would work. Then once its activated you receive a visa card number, security code and expiration date that you then add to paypal as a 'new card'. Ok fine, we did that.

BUT paypal want you to verify that this is your card so they charge £1 which is then on your statement with a code. You then add this code to paypal to prove that this is your card.

Well none of this was explained on the card instructions and the woman at the giftcard.co.uk website didnt know what she was talking about. She's supposed to be ringing us back about this code but its been an hour now and we still cant use the card and im out 25 quid. May just open a dispute with paypal, get my money back and give him the cash because this is ridiculous.

Comments