Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Christmas is cancelled

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry for the winge but I dont really have anyone to talk to at the moment.

The nub and gist is my Dad left my Mum a few days ago and Christmas is not happening.

Its so sad, no decorations, no gifts, no food, no cheer. Nothing.

I havent spoken to my Dad, he hasnt bothered to contact me. My Mum is so unhappy and sad.

I can't go to my boyfriends house as I dont want to be the sad one in front of all his family and all their happiness.

IDK what to do. Sometimes I feel that I can't catch a break.
Anyone else having a poor Christmas?

Anyone feel like cheering me up at all?

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'm so sorry Patience, what a tough end of the year for you. *hug*

Maybe rethink going to your boyfriends as it might just be the thing that does cheer you up? Just thinking that being around a family who are in the spirit of things could bring some warmth to your weekend.

Also, you could use the time to do some things you've maybe been putting off - like writing a letter to a friend you've not spoken to for a while or thinking about plans for 2012?

Apparently it's going to be mild weather tomorrow - do you think you and your mum could go for a nice walk or something together?

Finally, check out the entertainment forum too - lots of youtube videos and music that people have posted that might take your fancy.

Take good care of yourself. x
  • Options
    Oh god, sorry to hear that
    Like Helen said it might be worth reconsidering going to your Bfs for a bit, just for some moral support and something to cheer you up. If not just take things easy and watch some cheesy films tomorrow
    Lots of *hug*
  • Options
    I'm working Christmas, and while as a management team we're working hard to try and give the shifts some Christmas time for celebration, for us it's going to be any other day (or possibly the way things are going now, a bad day).