Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

epididymitis & HPV Warts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About 3 years ago I went to hospital with really bad pain on my testical which the doc said was epididymitis and got some pills and after a week it went away... but every now and again it comes back and gives me a bit of back pain too. My GP said it was an STD which I don't think it is as we use condoms. I was wondering if it would be anything to do with gential warts?

I am going to visit the GP again next week to sort it out. Also is there ANY treatment that can stop the warts from appearing?

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    :wave: DroidFan and welcome to TheSite,

It is very wise in your situation is to go and see your doctor, which you are doing next week. If you are worried that it is an STI then you can also visit your local GUM clinic.

There are a few articles on TheSite about testicle problems and genital warts that might be of interest to you.

If it is either genital warts or epididymitis you will need treatment, so going to see the doctor is recommended. If you are really worried and it is causing you discomfort and pain you might be able to rearrange your appointment to make it sooner by speaking to the doctors about getting an emergency appointment.

Let us know how you get on,
    LauraO
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    couple things

Hi!

I hope you're better, but I thought it might be helpful to know that condoms do NOT prevent STDs. That being said, please don't stop wearing them because they certainly do help eliminate contracting some of them and also help prevent pregnancy, barring a busted condom.

Secondly, it is difficult to nearly impossible to diagnose HPV in men unless they present with visible signs like warts. The "warts" you are presenting with wouldn't disappear so quickly however and would had to have been treated by special creams or been removed by your doctor. I've also not heard of anyone having back pain because of warts... do you get multiple of these "lumps" at a time? and also, are they oozing or open lesions? I would try to get a panel done that tests you for all STDs that men can be tested for.

Perhaps also this is an ingrown hair? do you "manscape" as they call it?