Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Baby Gifts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

I need baby gift ideas for two seperate friends who are both having girls. One gift needs to be reletively suitable for a newborn and the other for around 3-6 months old(something she can grow in to). Pink for the newborn would be great but are clothes the best thing or something else? HELP- I HAVE NOT GOT A CLUE!

:thumb:

BB x

Comments

• Options
    Baby Sleeping Bag's are good and you can get some cute ones.

Babies dont' play with them for a while but toys can be quite good as something they can grow into.

Also baby music CD's and books as well - books are brilliant and babies interact with them pretty early on as well and you can never have too many - (suggestions are peepo, the hungry caterpillar , slinki malinki , the tiger who came to tea , dear zoo , Guess how much i love you .
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    Baby Sleeping Bag's are good and you can get some cute ones.

Babies dont' play with them for a while but toys can be quite good as something they can grow into.

Also baby music CD's and books as well - books are brilliant and babies interact with them pretty early on as well and you can never have too many - (suggestions are peepo, the hungry caterpillar , slinki malinki , the tiger who came to tea , dear zoo , Guess how much i love you .

Thanks so much for that Wyetry, i will check out those sugestions :)
  • Options
    Books- hard pages not soft- or the baby sleeping bags are great. Clothes less so, everyone buys clothes and babies really don't get much wear out of them before they're too big. Before you buy anything make sure your friends are pink people- everything that was bought for Rosie that was in that awful bubblegum pink went to the hospital or the charity shop or was exchanged for something else (as ungrateful as that sounds).
  • Options
    I would also choose a book for the older one. For very young kids I always buy meaningful gifts, that are useful for the parents, like a babyfon or something, because they get gifts like clothes or dolls en masse.
  • Options
    something for the mum
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    something for the mum

Definitely! - Although someone bought my sister stretch mark cream and she wasn't too impressed with that... :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    someone bought my sister stretch mark cream and she wasn't too impressed with that... :)

:lol:
  • Options
    something for the mum

Something for the dad!

**helen** - How ungrateful! Have you seen the price of bio oil? :D
  • Options
    I know for sure they both want really girly stuff, expecially one of the mums. Thanks for all the great ideas so far:heart:, must think about mum and her other child too, well for both mums...i can imagine them feeling left out when the new arrival appears! I think this is going to be an expensive shopping trip!
  • Options
    I think streach mark oil is a good idea - i got bought loads of bath soak stuff which i have not yet (2 years later) got round to using.
  • Options
    something for the mum

A friend who had a baby recently said that the best present she had was basket someone had made up of Lush and Body Shop stuff. Bath bombs, foam, soaps, candles etc for when she wanted a little 'me' time.
  • Options
    I think everyone would be buying clothes for the new born. I agree with stuff for the mum.
  • Options
    Aalina wrote: »
    According to my view you should gift same type of gift to both girl babies . because you have to gift at same time . i hope you get my point. you can gift pink coloured baby dress with matching shoes, or you can gift baby toys , soft toys or babrbie

if someone had given me that as a gift, it would be at the back of the cupboard. Who puts shoes on a baby?
    and babies dont play with barbie
  • Options
    I seriously think there's something wrong with me. I hate hate hate pink things for girls/blue things for boys, "relaxing" luxury bath bombs and body moisturisers. Who the hell has time to pamper themselves when they have a newborn permanently hanging off their nipple and they can't even find time to brush their teeth?

The best presents we got were an offer to clean our house, a cottage pie and some reusable nappies.
  • Options
    Once the baby arrives, more gifts and gift hampers are given by those who are close to the family to share their happiness. Baby gift baskets are as much a gift for the baby as for the mom. What to gift the baby or the mom is a big question. The possibilities are endless. Baby accessories like ultra-soft blankets, napkins, bath towels, and trinkets are gifts worth giving.Stuffed toys and baby chew toys are perfect.
  • Options
    I knit booties for my nephew but they said it made his feet look gay, homophobes.