Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Psudomonas infection

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a call from my doctor today saying I need more antibiotics after my test results came back saying I have a psudomonas infection in my lymph system.

From what I've read online, this seems really scary! Alsorts saying about necrosis, and sepsis and lots of horrible things! My glands are still going up, I don't think my doctor is really taking me seriously, I'm in a fair bit of pain!

So, I'm now on my third lot of antibiotics, i'm feeling really shit, I've started a symptom diary, but I can't get an appointment to see a different doctor for 3 weeks.

What do I do? I've had various gland up for nearly 6 weeks now, been feeling ill for months and i cannot seem to get anyone to take me seriously!

Comments

• Options
    A&E or a walk in centre
  • Options
    Hi Miss Riot:thumb:,

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well:no:, Some doctors surgerys have a system of ringing up on the day to request to see a G.P it may be worth looking into this and seeing if your surgery have this service, If you explain that you are not feeling well at all and are in a fair bit of pain they may be able to get you in to see a doctor that same day.

You say that you have been looking at your condition online ? This can often cause a lot of anxiety and although you are probably looking for reassurance can also make people worry unnecessarily. It can sometimes take a while for Anti-biotics to kick in so stick with this third course and im sure you will start to feel better soon.

Please keep posting here at the site and let us know how you are getting on.

Take Care,

B.:thumb:
  • Options
    i also wouldn't read too much about what could happen coz you just end up working yourself up and thinking the worst.
  • Options
    On the day appointments are strictly 10 mins only, and they assess you over the phone before you can get an appointment. Its a stupid stupid system!

I really want to know what it is tbh, I got virtually no information about it from the doctor other than "come back in a week if its not better". A&E is half an hours drive away and my mum isn't well at the moment, so i don't want to get to a stage where I really need to go. The ambulances only come out if absolutely nessessary (i.e. my mum was nearly getting peritinitis and they begrugingly sent one) here, because its a rural area.

I've got some nurophen plus, and some codeine if I really need it, I just know that when I get ill I do down hill fast.

Is there anything else I could/should be doing? I'm sterilising all my piercings, using some tea tree oil in the bath and wearing loose clothes, and trying to take it easy (not to meantion the guzzling of smoothies to get some extra vitamins in).
  • Options
    Hi Miss Riot :wave:,

How are things for you now ? Are you feeling any better ?, like you said earlier it is a good idea to take things really easy and too keep yourself as healthy as possible to speed up your recovery.
    Did you get in to see your G.P again to get some more information ?
    I hope things have improved for you.
    Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,
    B:thumb:
  • Options
    The GP was pretty useless, as per usual, and the swelling isn't as painful but it hasn't gone down a huge amount. I"m feeling pretty rough, but i think thats the side effects of the antibiotics (I feel so nausous I could only manage the tiniest bit of birthday cake today). I'll see how i'm feeling by thursday and go back if it hasn't pretty much cleared up by then...
  • Options
    Hi Miss_Riot

Stick with the antibiotics and complete the full course. That's always the best thing to do from my experience.

It must have been rubbish feeling poorly on your birthday though.

Enjoy the rest of that cake. You deserve it. :thumb:

Phil :wave: