Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What's The Worst Thing You've Caught Just From Kissing?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I wanted to share something just in case this happens to anyone else. And also to know if anyone else caught anything just by kissing.

Over a year ago I met a girl I'd been chatting to online for a very long time. I ended up kissing her on the lips that night and also the next day. All we did was kiss and not even that deeply. In all probably didn't spend more then 3 minutes kissing.

It never occurred to me at the time but within about 7 to 10 days I started getting neck pains that were so sore I ended up buying a new pillow because I thought it was due to me not sleep right.

Over the coming weeks and months the pain progressed to all my joints and caused a type of Arthritis. During this time I didn't really see this girl again as she lived hundreds of miles away. After a year of being on all sorts of medicine without knowing the root cause I was finally getting the joint pains under control.

She then came to visit and we kissed again and within another 7 to 10 days I started having all sorts of problems, flu like symptoms, chest infection, coughing up blood, etc And joints pains worse then ever.

It was only then that things started falling into place and I realised she was a carrier of bacteria which I was being badly effected by. The first time it never occurred to me that you could end up in such a bad way just from a kiss, so never linked the pains in my neck to kissing her.

I told her my suspicions and she saw her own doctor and got on Antibiotics. But I believe she is one of those people that carries a bacteria around without an ill effect. And because the two incidences happened over 1 year apart that she is not likely to wipe them out easily with antibiotics.

With hindsight I should have suspected kissing her was the link, I knew she had the worst diet I'd ever seen, barely touching food and surviving on litres per day of sugary soft drinks (bacteria thrive on sugar)

Everyday day is a struggle for me now, I'm on antibiotics for months on end to kill the bad bacteria. On probiotics to replace the good bacteria the antibiotics kill off. I've even learnt to make my own probiotics at home that are more powerful then anything you can normally buy in the shops. My joints hurt every day.

More then anything I know this website gets viewed by lots of people around the world and I just wanted to warn people, that if you kiss someone new to yourself and within a week or so start getting joint pains or flu like symptoms to go to the doctor right away and get on strong antibiotics. If you can nip things in the bud before it spreads then you can save yourself a lot of pain.

In total I kissed the girl for less then 5 minutes but the result has been over 1.5 years worth of suffering. I don't want to scare people off the joys of a kiss, I just want people to be aware just in case anything does happen.

Comments