Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Charlie Brooker - How TV Ruined Aspiration

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess Charlie Brooker is a term better known in the UK. I just stumbled upon this elaborate sketch/rant of him and I am in stitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8MjoB3vgv8

Comments

• Options
    Charlie Brooker

Yep.. he's well known here. Especially for his vitriolic rannty slagging off everything style. He's a columnist and presenter as well. His Screen Wipe is a great programme. The only thing is that sometimes, he can be a little wearing... it's wall to wall hatred usually, with almost no let up... and although funny, you can liss a little lighter moment or two...
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Missing a link?
  • Options
    As chou4555 says, he can be a funny fucker as long as you limit your exposure to him; he's a bit of a one trick pony. If you allow yourself an article a week then he seems to remain funny. Much more than that and you start to think that he's a smug prick, which he probably is.
  • Options
    Missing a link?

oh wow, thanks. rofl. I could swear I put it in there.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    oh wow, thanks. rofl. I could swear I put it in there.

Doh
  • Options
    charlie brooker is amazing. i can reccomend all of his books, a catalogue really of his articles.

and he also had a show you can get on dvd now called 'dead set' genius series. imagine the world being zombie-fied and then the big brother house being the only ones left.. it's hilarious.
  • Options
    LOVELOVELOVE him!

He makes me laugh so hard.
    I love his bleak outlook on things as alot of what he says is too true (most of the time).

clementine - Dead Set was too funny as well :)
  • Options
    :heart:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Charlie Brooker is hilarious!