Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Spanking - Knickers On Or Off ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello Abihgail here ,

My partner wants to use the paddle and flogger on my bare bottom - I prefer to keep my knickers on so that I have a protective layer of material to reduce the pain and stings from the paddles and floggers - my partner tells me i'm being a silly girl and he wants to spank my bare bottom ! - should I keep my knickers on or not ?

Comments

• Options
    No point letting him spank you if youre not gonna do what youre told
  • Options
    i am scared of the pain he can inflict with these implements , preference is to have a layer of material for protection
  • Options
    i am scared of the pain he can inflict with these implements , preference is to have a layer of material for protection

A pair of pants isn't going to be much protection tbf.
  • Options
    A pair of pants isn't going to be much protection tbf.

This.

But seriously, if you're scared of being hurt just ask him - when you're not in a sexy foreplay type conversation, but serious - to not go so hard for the first time, then you can gauge after if you want it harder or not.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think a pair of knickers will help you much. Best to speak to your partner asking him to go gentle.
  • Options
    USE A SAFEWORD!

Whenever you do anything BDSM related, even roleplay, even things that don't seem dangerous, use a safeword, and make sure you use it if you are at all unhappy with how things are! Make sure its not stop or no, it has to be something that would be totally out of context - banana is a good one, unless you're doing sploshing!

You have to be able to also trust him to stop when you use that word, if you don't, don't give him control.

Its also important to start off softly, with a hand, from a soft tap and then progress onto using a paddle. Make sure you've got something like aloe vera if you need to soothe it afterwards.

Knickers aren't going to provide any protection, thats kind of the point to spanking, to do it on the bare bottom. But if you're not happy with that, leather or PVC knickers (yes they do exist) might help against any surface skin issues. Cotton ones will not, and possibly cause more problems like chafing
  • Options
    Miss Riot,

Do you have experience of receiving a spanking from a partner , can you give me some more advice - Could I start off wearing knickers and my partner removes them before he uses the spanking implements ?
  • Options
    I have more experience being the spanker rather than the spankee, but I would personally start with knickers on for touching and groping, and then slowly progress up to a bare bottom. Do what makes you feel comfortable, and only that! But use floggers on bare bums (or with leather or PVC pants) so you don't end up with carpet like burns on your bum!

In order of implements its best to go in this order:
    Hand
    Flogger
    Cat o' nine tails
    and any further if you dare (but make sure your partner knows what they're doing!)

if you're going to use whips, start off with a really soft cat o' nine tails!

REMEMBER!! Never whip above the crack on the bottom, because you can cause damage to the nerves at the base of the back, and I would also reccommend not spanking the back at all! You can crack ribs, damage nerves, and worse very easily!

Does that answer all your questions?
  • Options
    Miss_Riot,

I currently wear a long nightdress and knickers , he starts by spanking me with his hand over my clothes , he lifts up my nightdress and continues to spank my bottom - He also uses his other hand to play with my 'pussy' and my knickers become damp - He now wants us to move up to paddles and floggers , and he wants to use these implements on my bare bottom ! - He thinks I am being silly to keep my knickers on !!
  • Options
    I'd recommend trying it without, a little soreness is better than chafing, but make sure you set up a safe word so that if its too much you can stop it.
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    USE A SAFEWORD!

Whenever you do anything BDSM related, even roleplay, even things that don't seem dangerous, use a safeword, and make sure you use it if you are at all unhappy with how things are! Make sure its not stop or no, it has to be something that would be totally out of context - banana is a good one, unless you're doing sploshing!

You have to be able to also trust him to stop when you use that word, if you don't, don't give him control.

:yes:

Also have a look at the Fetishes article we have that can help. If you feel unhappy and uncomfortable about these sexual demands, do not hesitate to voice it!

Good luck :)