Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

That moment where you realise that you're better than you were

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello. I'm posting this here just because I wanted to share, maybe other people have similar stories and they want to share too. But don't feel obligated.

Today I was thinking about my life, and the last few years, having had anxiety for a long time and depression for 12-18 months. My lowest point was considering ending it all.

Today, I don't have a lot going for me. I've just moved to a new area, I have no friends here except my housemate. I'm unemployed, with no careers in the local area for anything I'm interested in. The stuff I am interested in I didn't make the cut for 2011, so I have to sit on my ass for 12 months before theres a chance of getting a going-somewhere job. (Obviously I can still go for jobs that pay the bills) I've been through a difficult breakup recently, made more difficult by the fact my ex still kinda has feelings for me, so she phones me when things aren't going well in her life, and I'll go visit her and things will be really nice; but then things get better for her and her new guy becomes her obsession... again... and again... and again... the breakup that keeps on breaking.

Yet despite all this, I'm ok. I'm fine. I wake up at 8.30, make myself breakfast, listen to music and play games. I go out for walks, I keep myself fit and exercise quite a bit.

The rest of the stuff... that's just a matter of time. The main thing is I'm ok. Which is something 18 months ago I wasn't sure was going to happen.

:thumb:

Comments